HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

My z6 Turbo Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 09:06 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: My z6 Turbo Build

Well i bought the injectors this morning, a set of dsm 450's off of ebay, 127, plus a resistor box for 24, ill add that to the list above. The parts needed are getting smaller and smaller, All i can think of is Clutch, motor mount insets, vacume manifold, chip kit, dump tube, and a silcone reducer. its getting really close to done, to bad i am going on vaca next week, so things will have to wait. My new fender came in tuesday, and hopfully the bumper is coming today.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Awesome man, it's a good feeling knowing everything is coming together. Just be sure that you don't over look any minor details, don't wnat to be running out to the hardware/Autoparts stores every hour like i was[:@]

Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

oh, dont i know it lol ^^^

Although it helps that i live less then a mile from an advanced auto parts, so riding the bike wont be too bad, or my parents cars, but then i have to wash my hands FTL lol

I just thought of something else i need, tubing for the vacume line, another thing on the list, and i need to get the fluids, like oil and antifreeze, as well as a new filters. does anyone have any good threads on how to break in your engine? and also what oil to use? I know you are not supposed to use synthetic, but are there any recomended brands? or is the store brand stuff fine?

Also, on the recomendations, i want to go with an action clutch, i am undecided between the 2ms and the 2md. anyone have any Recomendations, or things to think about either or?

Old 07-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Get with Remmy about the motor break in, I know he went through all that not TOO long ago.

Regular dino oil is good, store brand will work since you're only going to be running it for 500ish miles.

For the clutch...I have absolutely no idea. But when it comes time to order it, shoot me a pm and I might be able to get youa deal

Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
HCF Member

Centerforce disc clutch. you will love it. any puck clutch isnt as good on street aps

Old 07-07-2007, 07:53 PM

As far as break in, break it in as hard as you can. The way cylinders are constructed and the way rings are made, they are ready to seal the first few times they go up and down the cylinder. I basically just did a quick street tune, and with about 6 miles on the engine it saw full boost and hasn't looked back since.

Break it in as you intend to use the engine, break it in hard and it will be less resistant to blow by. Also just use standard motor oil for your first few miles, make sure to change it within the first 30 miles or so to get all of the metal shavings from the cylinders and such out. I still need to make the switch to synthetic.

2MD 2MD 2MD 2MD 2MD !!!!! [8D]

Old 07-14-2007, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

Well u have had the 2md for awhile, and i know they hook up the same, but do you have any problems with it being unsprung? expecially in DD usage and traffic?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
HCF Member

Ok, i got the injectors in, a pretty nice set from ebay. everything is coming together, i have been thinking about the clutch, and i will probably get the 2ms so that it is a lil easyer on my tranny, since it is stock, and not the the best condition. Its so sweet, everything else besides the clutch are sub 100 dollars, and will be ordered as soon as i get the clutch

One thing i have been thing ing about, is inspections are next month. i will deffinatly have the motor in by next month, but how hard its it to pass emissions with a turbo in mass?

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 PM
HCF Member

it all depends on the tune.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: cpl rampage

Ok, i got the injectors in, a pretty nice set from ebay. everything is coming together, i have been thinking about the clutch, and i will probably get the 2ms so that it is a lil easyer on my tranny, since it is stock, and not the the best condition. Its so sweet, everything else besides the clutch are sub 100 dollars, and will be ordered as soon as i get the clutch

One thing i have been thing ing about, is inspections are next month. i will deffinatly have the motor in by next month, but how hard its it to pass emissions with a turbo in mass?
Depends on your tune, luckily you get to use smog.

My suggestion... right before you throw the engine in get your inspection done, that way you have 14months till you have to worry about it again.

Quick Reply: My z6 Turbo Build