HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: overhauling the whip

Injectors can be rebuilt btw

Old 11-08-2007, 07:59 PM

well, i feel like the biggest dumbass in the world. when we weredynoing the car, he was giving it alot of gas on the fuel map but the engine was barely getting any fuel and detonating. therefore something had to be blocking fuel. well my friend at work pointed out to me that maybe the fuel filter is clogged. i realized that it hadn't been changed since i bought the car. so i went and put one on tonight, and now the engine is running smoother than it was stock. now i have to go get retuned to that im not using up more fuel than i need to be. and now the the engine is finally being fed, i find it really hard to be slow even when im barely touching the gas pedal. hooray boost!

Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I have added the Fuel Filter and Fuel Pressure gauge to the turbo write up....probably should have put that in there before [:@]

Glad things seem to be working out, hopefully you'll get some time to rip on it before snowfall!!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:56 AM
HCF Member

I just read your whole post. Very nice job on everything. After getting the fuel worked out and a re-tune you should get video of you on the streets ripping it. Nice car and looks good man.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:32 AM

alright, news update. after about 2 weeks of the car running in boost i've decided that this setup just doesnt have enough, well, ***** for me. S#!T'S GOTTA GO! the new setup will include the following: today im buying a t3/t4 70 trim turbo and new RC 550cc injectors from vibrant racing, next week im buying a new manifold and downpipe along with a new Tial external wastegate, week after that a wideband gauge and catch can, then finishing off with a switch to hondata from crome and a new tune. so it should be about a month until this new kit is all set to go, unless i can sell my current setup sooner so im not paying only with paychecks. if you are looking for a basic turbo setup that runs fine and already fits great, PM me.

in oher news, my lips finally arrived. its the first time i've been happy that someone screwed up my order. the front lip that came is urethane instead of abs plastic like both of them were supposed to be. im just waiting on paint to get here and then they will be on the car, unless its snows before then.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
HCF Member

LMAO!
I'd say im suprised, but im not really. Good luck on the new setup.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:46 AM
HCF Member

haha lol.
Good luck on the new set up!!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

Awesome.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:13 PM

ok, the walbro 255lph fuel pump and RC 550cc injectors are on their way so at the very least my engine will stop detonating. im going to try and get the lips painted this week, but i never can seem to stay on schedule so we'll see

Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

ill trade you my precision 440's + some $$for your rc550's, you aint gonna use that much anyway! lol

the precisions are new and in bubble wrap still paid $240 for them and 4 clips

Quick Reply: Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video