HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Default RE: overhauling the whip

yea, i live in minneapolis

Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
HCF Member

can't wait to see it done.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 PM

so i just noticed today that since the turbo build is winding down, my bank account is building itself back up. It'll be at around $1500 by tuesday. so, time to keep this project rolling. next up will be a front big brake conversion, all new gauges from glowshift, racing seats, new red carpet, and the 8 point cage. the lips never shipped so im still trying to get my hands on a set of them as well. once the above is done, then it will get a carbon trunk, rear control arms, and anti-roll bars/ after that im not sure theres much else i want to accomplish with the car. ive got an entirely new project in mind that i want to start over the winter, but its a secret for now . the first list should be accomplished within the next month and a half or so. once again wish me luck on the tune monday. i'm flooding this page with pics monday night.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Sweet man, glad to hear things are moving along nicely. Did you get the injectors wired up yet?

Old 11-02-2007, 02:46 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mossy

so i just noticed today that since the turbo build is winding down, my bank account is building itself back up. It'll be at around $1500 by tuesday. so, time to keep this project rolling. next up will be a front big brake conversion, all new gauges from glowshift, racing seats, new red carpet, and the 8 point cage. the lips never shipped so im still trying to get my hands on a set of them as well. once the above is done, then it will get a carbon trunk, rear control arms, and anti-roll bars/ after that im not sure theres much else i want to accomplish with the car. ive got an entirely new project in mind that i want to start over the winter, but its a secret for now . the first list should be accomplished within the next month and a half or so. once again wish me luck on the tune monday. i'm flooding this page with pics monday night.
I hate secrets... anyway, glad your build is going good, cant wait to see it when it is done

Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM

ladies and gentleman, the car is officially boosted.....well, sorta. as it turns out, my fuel system is plagued with problems. the fuel pump is running at full cycle at only 3psi when it shouldnt be until 15psi and the injectors are possibly bad or wired incorrectly. the result is that it barely starts, the fuel map is way richer than it should be for a conservative tune, and the engine is detonating after 5500rpm. after 4 and a half hours of tweaking on the dyno, it was deemed drivable. we were able to coax 167.7hp out of it at 6psi. you can check out the dyno video
. so after spending all this time and money, ive basically realized that the turbo project is only half done. all other aspects on this car are getting put on hold until i get brand new, not used, injectors, walboro 255lph fuel pump, switch from crome to hondata, and i might splurge for the vitara pistons and eagle rods. once thats out of the way the cars estimated to put out close to 250hp reliably. in other news, my front and rear mugen lips are FINALLY on their way. expect them to be painted and on the car by the 17th. i'll keep updating with the fuel system rebuild. for now, here are some pics of the car. enjoy.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 AM
HCF Member

Just get the fuel system and ecu mods for now. Then try tuning for 175whp. Internal work gets expensive very quick.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:26 AM

yea, its the one thing i dont have the tools for and 5 hours of shop labor at $85/hour isnt too appealing. maybe i'll just do internals over the winter when i save up some money for it. then she'll be all nice and ready for spring.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

I wouldnt even bother with the internals just yet. Get the fuel system going and add some ARP Headstuds.....youll make 200whp and you will be very happy with that. 200whp in your car will keep you ahead of most of whats on the road.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
HCF Member

is that the dyno place you were telling me about Mossy? Howd it go with them overall?

Quick Reply: Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video