HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Default RE: overhauling the whip

didder, yes nate compher/junior mint. i actually knew him from skating before i even knew he was into racing. and yea, we forsure need to do a cruise if we booth get the boost done in time, even though its already getting cold as ****. possibly a photo shoot together in front of the seward graffiti wall? let me know if you're rolling to university tomorrow. i live almost next to university by the u of m so we could meet up.

anyway, sorry i haven't updated this bugger in a while. ive just been busy with school and work. ive been doing little things on the car to keep myself busy until i have a set of injectors, its all i have left for the turbo. i got a new shift **** on, made a carbon fiber plate for my engine start button, and painted and mounted the trunk lip spoiler. i painted the spoiler in like 45 minutes, so its not my typical quality of work but at least its colormatched. just have to hit it with some 2000grit paper and rubbing compound. hopefully the injectors will come by next week so i can get these big things poppin. until then i'll take some pictures over the weekend to put up

Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

that nate kid, whats in it? b18? and i hear it has like 650 to the wheels, is that true? thats way to much power in a 2000 pound car lol.

and about doing a shoot, no thx right now, need body work, BAD, dropped 6k into motor / suspension and my car looks like bawls, need to get it painted put some new heads, tails, cf hood, lips etc... then well shoot, i cant have your car making me look like trailer trash lol

btw, how is your car coming along turbo wise?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:50 AM

its official, the turbo install is going down this weekend!!! i've got a four day weekend this week so im having a set of injectors overnighted so we can begin the install on thursday. i've been doing a bunch of crap in the interior to keep me busy while im waiting to do the turbo. i'll post pics of the product of my boredom

Old 10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
HCF Member

what happened to the pics you were going to post?

Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 AM

IT'S DONE! well, for the most part. and no thanks to tony who left his phone at the bar. the turbo setup is in, oiled, and running like a dream with just the tiniest oil leak, but otherwise perfect. however, i still have to connect the vaccum lines and figure out how to do the wiring for the 450cc injectors. but as im staying completely out of boost for now, neither are necessary until i put it under boost and have it tuned. no it is not the prettiest setup by any means (though my friend did paint the manifold without telling me, i guess thats now "pretty"), it pushes air and gets the job done. it suffered a couple casualties though while putting this kit on. the A/C and power steering are no more. neither of which i mind driving without. anyway, here are the pics...

Just got her up in the air and ready

Now the A/C compressor and condenser were removed (power steering as well later on)

Fuel for the job

The turbo bolted up

Plumbed and with the air intake filter we made (notice the missing power steering pump)

My new carbon strut bar (real carbon tubing, not a print stick over aluminum)

up next im gutting out the trunk so the only things left in there will be the rear carbon strut bar and a matching spare 17" in the wheel well. il take pictures with my good new camera of all the stuff ive been doing in the interior and otherwise. also i will use the new camera for when its on the dyno. still waiting on my lips kit though, they never came. stay tuned!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
HCF Member

very nice, grats on getting the turbo installed

Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
HCF Member

soooo good man, cant wait to see it finished!

EDIT: actaully, is that cast or just stainless? If its cast, how did he go about painting the manifold? Mines cast and i wanna paint it really bad but dont know how to go about it

Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 AM
HCF Member

Your manifold has a *****. Is that connected to something?

Old 10-31-2007, 05:51 PM

flip, its cast but dont worry about painting it. my buddy painted it with the highest temp sutff that he found and its already turned to black after a week and a half of driving. and as for my manifolds *****, that would be the 02 sensor. and yes...its connected to something.

anywho, this baby is finally pulling together. i redid the the intake on the turbo so that there is now a full size mushroom filter on it. all thats left is wiring up and installing the injectors. i've got an appointment to have my car up on the dyno getting tuned at noon on monday. i'll take many pics of it, as well at the outcome dyno sheet. ive got a bunch of other pictures too but i seem to have misplaced my brand new digital camera already. probably lost in the abyss of my room. will post up pics as soon as i can and will let everyone know whether or not my car explodes on monday [:@]. peace

Old 10-31-2007, 07:54 PM

wait.. your from MN? I goto burnsville mall all the time!

Quick Reply: Mossy's EK Coupe v2.0 *TUNED AND BOOSTED* pics/video