HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's Peasant Project DA

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 02:51 PM
July 2010 ROTM

I thought about sheet metal door panels and possibly relocating my power window switches to the center console. Nylon door pulls. It would be ****. Harsh, but ****.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Lol basicaly Jeep doors! I really want to do something like that on my truck/future offroading vehicle that I have (prolly an Xterra). I already know the wiring stuff and all I'd have to do is work to the hinges to make the doors removable anyways good luck with this it sounds cool

Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 AM
July 2010 ROTM

Well, plans for tomorrow include removing headliner and carpet, painting valve cover, and rusting my extra hood. Might even try to raise the car up a few inches. Gotta get with Bran on what day we snag the sedan. Gotta bum my grandads trailer. Oh well, slowly but surely. I plan on keeping a money spent tally. That way, everyone can see how much it costs to be ballin'.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:39 AM
July 2010 ROTM
Old 08-01-2011, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

Holy bawls. That steering wheel cost more than my whole swap!!!

And that shift **** is not nearly as graphic as I thought it was gonna be. =P

Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 PM
HCF Member

i'm considering a cage for whenever my car sells and I get a hatch, but mine will be a drag car. Don't need a cage unless you are under 10s... so will be partly looks but also preparation because I'd like to get at least in the 10s eventually. Im expecting the car to run low 13's, maybe even a high 12 on slicks and a good run while still n/a. But the biggest cost of the cage is having someone weld it in RIGHT (nhra compliant) and well. I have a welder and have the ability to lay a good bead but I would not trust myself welding a cage in. I'd also want harness guide things welded on the B pillar mid cage part to keep the harnesses from sliding along the bar, but it depends on if you are going with short harnesses and bolting them to the seat straight down or just getting xl harnesses and going to the rear seat mounting spots.

And look in to Function Form coilovers. Popular in the drift world but I just put a set of the Type 1's on my friends Accord, slammed his car and it still rides nice. I love my KYB AGX/Ground Control setup and I have it at the stiffest setting all the time, The FF aren't as stiff but not as many people prefer a harsher ride like I do (NO HOMO).

Old 08-01-2011, 08:31 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Im installing the cage for structural rigidity, baller status, and a proper anchor for harnesses. I too have considered having a shop install the cage. I can weld pretty well, but some dude that does it every day prob has an edge on me. I dont plan on drag racing my car, but a track day may happen as a bday present for myself one day.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:36 PM
HCF Member

Yea I do want a cage for aestechtic reasons as well as functionality. Cages just look pure ****, white hatch gutted with green wheels, bay, and cage, yummmmmmmm. I may have to shop around and find a shop to weld it in for me, now that I think of it I know a licensed welder... hmmm.... I just wonder how much of a bitch it'll be to paint a cage IN the car.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

The cage - do eettt!
The expensive f@ckin steering wheel - I say no.
The coilovers - yes!
The "*****" shift **** - is a bit much...kinda retarded imo lmao it's definitely different though.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:31 AM
July 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
The cage - do eettt!
...The expensive f@ckin steering wheel - I say no...
lol, until you've owned a car with an aftermarket steering wheel, you wouldnt understand. I had a pretty nice MOMO wheel in my EJ2, and an OMP wheel in my S14 that I was very fond of. My car literally NEEDS a new wheel. The factory one was all busted, so the previous owner put the riciest wheel in it that I've ever seen. It doesnt even utilize a hub adapter. It just mates with the splined shaft that the factory one was mounted to. Its atrocious. Honestly, like I said before, I want the few bits of interior that remain to be higher end bits. The exterior of the car is 100% budget build. The engine will be on a thin budget as well. I only plan on throwing down serious cheddar on suspension and safety (interior). Even tho I'm a wheel fiend and almost always have some sweet rims on my cars, I may just leave the ghey ICW rims on it. Even tho they're dumb 16s, not 15s.

Quick Reply: MBrent's Peasant Project DA