HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's Peasant Project DA

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
HCF Member

I've got two good friend's with Crohn's. One's 22 and the other is in his late 50's. They're both great people. ****ty thing they gotta live with though.

Anyways, about your DA. I've been reading alot lately about LS's. Have you considered throwing on a set of RC 440's, t3 (or even t3/t4 hybrid) turbo, blox manifold, ARP headstuds and rod bolts, ebay intercooler etc., ? You could build a cheap turbo system for hardly nothing and have 200-250 (depending on turbo size) easily on stock internals with little to no problems at all! Just something to consider, that's all.

maybe read this a little?:

LST / LS-T Turbo B18A B18B setups - Honda-Tech

Old 07-28-2011, 06:56 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Ive considered it, but an obd1 conversion would have to take place first. Mainly, Im trying to get the car presentable on the outside, riding better, and I would like what little bit of interior I leave in it to be higher end bits. Power will come eventually. I just dont want to have a fast rattletrap that the poosy wont want to ride in

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Crohns does indeed make leaving my house an effing nightmare. Not knowing when im going to have a flare up leaves me overly anxious, which causes a flare up. Its a vicious cycle, and I must have been a real p.o.s. human being in my past life to deserve this. But... my daughter is A-FREAKIN-MAZING. It all evens out I guess. Nothing I cant handle as long as Molly is healthy and happy. Sorry, I would have edited my previous post, but this wacky mobile version of hcf on my droid isnt exactly intuitive.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Lol @ the last comment in post #12 xD

So what exactly are you planning on going with this? Gutting the interior...a roll cage...leaving the dash, center console, and front seats...monotone paintjob...and no motor swap ??? wtf is this thing gonna be? haha

Old 07-28-2011, 09:54 PM
HCF Member

It's gonna be a sweet car to bag? =P
hehehe jokes man.

****ty to hear about your health condition, but hey, life balances out like you said. Many things can happen that will leave a smile on your face. =)

LS-T would be sweeeeeet. think about it! maybe LS-VTEC!? O:

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
July 2010 ROTM

I dont wanna come off all hoity toity on this, but the vtec is for fanboys. Larger valves and better flow can all be had with an ls head. Cams and a tune, larger valves, and a port and polish level the playing field. I prefer a cammed ls to a vtec. Thats just personal preference. I understand the quest for power and fuel mileage, and in that respect variable valve timing wins. What do I plan on doing with the car Kenny? Enjoying it, and not worrying about rockchips, or scratches, or dings, or anything else that takes away from the drive and makes the owner all ****. No motor swap? **** no. It has a b18b1 in it. Its not a single slam non-vtec hamster wheel. Its certainly not a k20/24 hybrid either. It is however, precisely what I want. Im very familiar with the top end, bottom end, and everything else attached to the engine. I know what makes power without having to drudge through trial and error. Bottom line is that Im comfortable with a non-vtec b series. Comfortable enough to drop the pan and caps and pull the rods and pistons if necessary. Ive done my own port and polish on a p75 head. Head gasket. Oil pan gasket. Timed it. Installed aftermarket cams and springs. You name it. The b18 will also make the power that I want in N/A form. Thats why the car is perfect.

Last edited by MBrent; 07-28-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 PM
HCF Member

vtec isn't necessary and just makes the car harder to tune (or at least makes it harder to have a nice smooth curve). If you PnP an LS head (really really really well) it will flow just about as well as a stock b16 head. And in all honesty, you don't really need to PnP a b16 head unless you're shooting for really really high numbers, like 600+ hp.

I really love where you're going with this project and think that your attitude towards it is how more people should attack their projects. I plan on going Ls-T too. I think its a tough little engine that makes decent power. At least enough for me. My car will NEVER see a drag strip or an auto-x event. Its just not "me". My car is a DD and I just want enough power to wipe the stupid smiles off the stupid hillbillies that cruise around in their mustangs all day. Oh, and the dip**** college kids in the mercedes that their mommy and daddies bought them. And I want to **** all over them while still being reliable and getting 30+ mpg. Thats the plan, anyways.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

HAHAHA. Shandles that's hillarious! I know exactly what you mean about the hillbillies and rich kids. xD

Yeh, VTEC is one of those things where if you want it, get it. If you don't have it, you don't neeeeed it. I wanted it, and yeah, it's nothing special now that I have it. It's just attractive to say "My ryde haz mad VTAK YOOOO"

I'm in for this build. I want to see what powerhouse you pick!

Old 07-29-2011, 09:16 AM
July 2010 ROTM

Not motivated today. Just not feeling it. I need to go pick up my parts DA sedan from Brandon, strip it, and haul it off for scrap. I also have to save up for a windshield. I am contemplating leaving the door panels in the car, but they will have to be black. I may put new carpet in the front as well. Who knows. Gonna take today to think and be a little less hasty. 6a-6p tomorrow and sunday, so Monday I resume demolition. Hopefully with a bit more resolve. To anyone following the build, Im more than willing to listen to ideas and criticism. Sometimes, the best course of action doesnt always dawn on me. Besides, Im feeling a bit reserved today. Less likely that I will call someone an asshat if they suggest something lame. Happy Friday ladies and gents, peace!

Old 07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
Not motivated today. Just not feeling it. I need to go pick up my parts DA sedan from Brandon, strip it, and haul it off for scrap. I also have to save up for a windshield. I am contemplating leaving the door panels in the car, but they will have to be black. I may put new carpet in the front as well. Who knows. Gonna take today to think and be a little less hasty. 6a-6p tomorrow and sunday, so Monday I resume demolition. Hopefully with a bit more resolve. To anyone following the build, Im more than willing to listen to ideas and criticism. Sometimes, the best course of action doesnt always dawn on me. Besides, Im feeling a bit reserved today. Less likely that I will call someone an asshat if they suggest something lame. Happy Friday ladies and gents, peace!
CUSTOM DOOR PANELS.
just a plastic panel with a door handle, maybe a crank for the window. =P

Quick Reply: MBrent's Peasant Project DA