HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's fix the CRiX project

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Chubby Chaser

looks like its been wrecked at one time in the front (bumper and lights arent lined up)
and i call b.s. on the only 10k miles and the pistons and all that crap unless he has the papers to prove it, oh and he isnt but 35 mins from me. better get some boot

Old 10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
July 2010 ROTM

ugh, im torn. i have always wanted a DA, but idk if this is the one. its got a crappy b18a1 in it, and theres no way for me to be able to tell the mileage, or the "vitara pistons, eagle rods" whatever. i could pull the valve cover and check for skunk2 cams, but if they werent there i would be furious. man, what to do. the crix is shiny cuz we r finally getting some rain after like 2 months without any. i dont want vtec to go bye-bye!!!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Chubby Chaser

u wish u had my old red teg? lol i would tell dude to show proof about the cams and pistons and stuff, if not then he is b.sing

Old 10-24-2010, 09:23 PM
HCF Member

^ i agree. Also the bumper and fender dont seem to line up to me.
Yeah man i dont know about that teg.
i think you can find something better, your thinking of trading the crx for it right?
Why not toss it up on craiglist and see if you get any trades?

Old 10-24-2010, 10:14 PM
HCF Member

Project looks good. I really like the way your speaker covers came out. Makes me want to sticker bomb something, but I know in the end I won't like the way it will come out and then its just money waisted.

Headliner would definitely be cool. Found this picture of an XB. They took off the headliner and did the roof.

Not bad..

Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
July 2010 ROTM

that headliner is pretty sweet. i know, that teg isnt a jewel, but neither is my crx. the only thing thats stopping me from trading is the fact that my crx is an SiR clone, and the teg is just an LS. It says GSR trans, but would have to drive it to know for sure. i know my car has a b16 trans, because the gears are ridiculously short. like, crazy short. i hate when people say all manner of stuff is done to an engine (internally) and you just have to take their word. forget that. i aint trading. i KNOW my car is a b16a, its stamped on the block. im fine with the fact that its stock internally. i would be hating life if i had a stock LS motor. yuck.

Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ win! dont get that car it seems too shady...wait for another, better teg to show up for you to snag up

And im a headliner would be very extreme ha but something like you already did, maybe one accent piece on the head unit or by it, and then one or two exterior things and thats it! ima do the exterior something but other than that prolly nothing.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Good move on that teg IMO.
man i bet that headliner took a billion stickers to fill up!
but idk, i think having to see that headliner EVERY SINGLE TIME im in my car & driving etc would get old kinda fast.
But IDK lol

Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Im leaning on tossing my sticker book, or giving it away. My wife wants me to bomb something in the babys room. I think my car is as bombed as its gonna get. Im looking for some shellac to really cement the bomb to the covers. Anybody know where to grab some? No hobby stores in blount coumty. Maybe wal-mart? Mitch, do u know where ur old teg is? I did like that car, looked and sounded real good in person...

Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Hey im totally not joking you can mail it to me if you dont want it! Im completely serious. I'll pm you if your serious about mailing it off...think about it

Quick Reply: MBrent's fix the CRiX project