HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MBrent's fix the CRiX project

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:46 PM
July 2010 ROTM

new dampers in! yay yay yay! now, to find initiative, motivation, umm... ahhh, screw it. i will throw em on one of these days. should pair nicely with my adjustable coilovers. after that, time for body work and deh paintz!

Attached Thumbnails MBrent's fix the CRiX project-shocking-.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by MBrent
will one fit mitch? and thx kenny, it was time intensive. couldnt just slap em on and be done. i took the speaker grills back out and touched up the edges, made sure all stickers were lying down, and then spray bomb cleared the **** out of them. i am pleased with the look now. like its one big vinyl covering instead of some ghetto assed stickers. hopefully i will lay hands on my dampers today. idk when i will have the time (or motivation for that matter) to put them and the master cylinder on. got a pair of kenwood 12's, but im only gonna use one. i dont listen to rap or r&b, just metal and classic rock. hate that boomy noise that all the high school kids have. anywho, stay tuned. u never know what i will do next...
The sticker bombing looks really good!

About the subs, definitely go with a box that is sealed and a bit on the small side of manufacturer's specs. Should get the sound you want.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:25 PM
July 2010 ROTM

thx for the advice, i want the sound quality and "feel" i guess you would say, but not that annoying **** that carries for two miles. i dont feel it necessary to force my choice in music upon my neighbors. besides, they wouldnt understand opeth anyways...

Old 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

Nice job on the speaker covers!
came out sick!
how many stickers do you think you used on both covers?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 PM
July 2010 ROTM

^thx man, i appreciate it. i think one more coat of clear and i will be satisfied. i would imagine i used far less stickers than what it looks like. i cheated with that book i bought. the best way is to take large stickers that u arent fond of, and use them as a base. cover as much area as u can without overlapping the big ones. trim everything that hangs over the edges off with some trauma shears (lulz) and an xacto knife, then use the stickers that u like the best as sort of a collage. save ur faves as like the attention grabbers and lay them last, that way they arent obscured. i like the man with blue hair and the weird synthesizer thing so i left him uncovered on my pass side spkr cover. all in all, i would say i used maybe 90-1110 stickers to do both covers. still have lots of stickers left! book had 280 in it!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:55 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Wow 1110 stickers?! Just giving you a hard time lol

You got plans to bomb anything else? One or two more items at least, imo.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:24 AM
July 2010 ROTM

whoops! meant 110, sorryz! ^no plans as of yet. gonna wait til i paint my car and see what needs an accent. maybe my crappy headliner will look neato all sticker bombed. heh, neato...

Last edited by MBrent; 10-23-2010 at 03:25 AM. Reason: forgot about the swearing, sorry! only been awake like ten mins!
Old 10-23-2010, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

+1 for a stickerbombed headliner, or even just the sunroof panel (if yours has a sunroof).
Vents, and door speaker grills, possibly as well??? Might look nice. =P

Old 10-23-2010, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

omg how about you stickerbomb the entire car? this will look bad really fast if you go too crazy with this, dont overdo it lol.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
July 2010 ROTM

^agreed scott. i think its as bombed as its gonna get. anyways, i may be trading it this week for a DA like i have always wanted. 93 model, so its obd1. http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100337326.htm
thats the link. mind you, im keeping my new dampers (which i read would fit the teg as well as any ef save 88 models), head unit, and rimz. i love love love DA integras, and have wanted one for years. this one will serve the purpose of project car a little bit better than the rex. i know its personal preferrence, but the teg is better looking by a wide margin. also, its a bit more practical. hopefully, if finances ever materialize, i will paint it aztec green like my old ej2. i need input on this from everyone. opinions? personal experience? do it? dont? go eff myself? help Brent!!!

Quick Reply: MBrent's fix the CRiX project