HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 PM
March 2010 ROTM

We have 93 here, but all the local tuners say its usually not quite as high octane as the stations claim.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM
HCF Member

When I get a day off work haha. I've worked something like 16 days straight. I wanna get this done before my clutch takes a dump on me. Got bored tonight and put the piston rings on the pistons. Pictures later.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

Well everyone, it's been a while. Unfortunately I don't have the civic anymore. One night I was lazy and only put on my Auto Lock which is the device that stops the clutch pedal from being pressed so you can start the car. Some people came and pushed it out of my driveway and somehow picked the "unpickable, unbreakable, uncuttable" Auto Lock device. They drove it about 10miles away to hide it but luckily the police found it the next morning and it was only missing headlights, hid's, fogs, cai and the sound system. Insurance looked at the damage to the car that they caused by pulling all that out and decided to total the car. So a family member gave me $350 to buy it back from Insurance and I returned it to stock and gave it to them.

My original plan was to buy something newer like a subaru but I have no credit being only 19 and my parents don't have good enough credit to co-sign for me so I settled with the only thing that I like. Another civic. I ended up selling a couple things because I thought I was done with civics but I still kept some goodies. I also sold the motor build. If I build again it will be B-series.

I picked up a Teal 95' EX with 150k miles on it. Right after I got it the water pump went out so I replaced that and the timing belt. All OEM. The clutch was really bad so I threw in my excedy stage 1 clutch. That was fun all by myself lol. I put my suspension on it, lowering it all 4 inches in the front . I kept my Blox control arms and put on my Whiteline Rear Sway Bar. Put new seats in it because the driver side was broken. Swapped over my floor mats. Still have to put in my wink mirror. Got ahold of a DC sports front strut bar and a Wings west front lip. The lip needs to be repainted along with the driver side fender, its a little bit different teal. The tires on it were horrible and the wheels were ugly so I picked up some GSR Fat Fives and had them powdercoated white. Thought I would let you guys know what's been going on as I decide to keep this thing and save my money or continue adding parts to it. Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think.

Name:  Photo0159G.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  97.7 KB
Name:  Photo0164.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  60.8 KB
Name:  IMG_0383.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  97.3 KB
Name:  Photo0158g.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  70.1 KB

Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM

I would have bought that motor off of you! I was just thinking about bumping this thread last night to get an update.

Sorry to hear of the theft. New ride looks nice. I was always a fan of teal with white wheels. Start up a new project thread!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-04-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn that sucks about your old ride :/ it was halla nice too! I say stick with this one and make it just as nice a teal eg with a GSR mota with the GSR white fat fives and so on would bee hella sick oh-em-gee! DO IT!!! Im diggin it

Old 06-04-2010, 07:29 PM
HCF Member

Thanks guys. It's really hard for me not to put money into this one. I figure with all the work I have done in fixing the problems caused by the previous owner why not. I left out some other things I fixed and swapped over. I forgot to mention its power everything and the sunroof doesn't leak and works like a charm! Lucky me.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Haha damn where were the cars like this at when i was shoping for my civic?! haha

Edit: btw its a manual right? didnt see that so just making sure, it prolly is im just making sure lmao

Old 06-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Kenny.........

Originally Posted by lewy2k
I picked up a Teal 95' EX with 150k miles on it. Right after I got it the water pump went out so I replaced that and the timing belt. All OEM. The clutch was really bad so I threw in my excedy stage 1 clutch.
*Insert facepalm here* LOL

EDIT: Lewy2k, just saw you said you have a Wink mirror, yes? If so... sweet, I think that will make you, me, and Dano with one installed on HCF!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

OMG im a dumb *** wow sorry...embarassing hardcore lmao

Old 06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
EDIT: Lewy2k, just saw you said you have a Wink mirror, yes? If so... sweet, I think that will make you, me, and Dano with one installed on HCF!

Well I took the one off my other car and need to put it in this one. But I got one a while back around the time I painted the red car.

Quick Reply: Lewy2k's EG Coupe Project Thread