HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 04:49 AM

Red stitching would go well with that car. Just don't offer to buy from that guy since the thread is from 09... lol

Old 02-13-2011, 05:28 AM
HCF Member

No it was already bought ugh I want that steering wheel so bad, but Im guessing none came like that factory any LOL.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:19 PM
HCF Member

Serious Question here. Ok so we all know I need to lose the S-Techs and get coilovers. This summer when I work I am getting Function Form Type 1 and Skunk 2 LCA's. Problem is my driveway has a huge dip and right now I scrape my Lip off of it and the lip is already cracking around the bolts so I try to avoid my driveway, but I need to be in the driveway to work on the car and clean it out. So what should I do?

I need to be in the driveway, but I scrape as it is let alone if I go another 1" with coilovers I won't have a lip or bumper?!

Old 02-13-2011, 12:22 PM

Get a piece of wood set up to make the incline easier. When I don't have my buddies low craftsman jack, I have a piece of wood I need to ride up on in order to get a jack under the car.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 PM
HCF Member

Ill have to take a pic to show you my driveway, but yes maybe like a long and thin sheet of wood layed across the dip would help.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

I swear a cell phone pic does not show how rough this is!

And here is what it is doing to my lip ugh! :

Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 PM

Same thing happened to my lip when my car was ~1/2" off the ground.

That driveway blows! I am not sure if I would even lower my car until I find a better place to park!

That is not a dip, it is a steep incline. Not sure if a something other than more rocks could help that.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:09 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Same thing happened to my lip when my car was ~1/2" off the ground.

That driveway blows! I am not sure if I would even lower my car until I find a better place to park!

That is not a dip, it is a steep incline. Not sure if a something other than more rocks could help that.
HAHAHA Well on my way to my college the lip flew off because after I got out of my driveway it cracked more and now gone **** I hate PA and my driveway. Well I mean if I lower it It probably would only go another 1" more than my S-Techs offer so should I get coilovers in spring or no? With no lip I don't scrape at all so a little lower shouldn't hurt right?

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 AM
HCF Member

I still need my last question answered please!

And looky what came in the mail today woo should get installed this weekend thank God I got a tach!

Old 02-14-2011, 01:52 PM

WTH is your last question again? I don't see it

When I first installed my lip kit, I only had it held up with 2 screws on each side (like you pictured) Nothing on the bottom holding it (bad idea). I went for a cruise (only had the lip on for 15 min at this time) and on the way back I felt a bump while on the highway. Looked in the rear view... yup, it fell off and I ran it over.

I got back to the area 10 minutes later (off the highway, get back on the other way, get off again, and back on the path I was going) and shockingly only had the damage that you have pictured. It must have been ran over about 5-10 times and some how made itself to the side of the road.

I would say yes to coilovers only because you can adjust it as needed. In the winter time, you can raise it up a little bit to deal with the snow, and then back down again when you are ready. If you are scraping with a lip now, 1" lower you would still be scraping, but worse most likely. Not sure what to say about that one. Maybe thick wood boards would help with it?

Quick Reply: KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build