HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:43 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Plasti-diped headlights lol idk if I like it yet but I got bored last night and 4 hours later (the first headlight took me a while lol) this is what I ended with I wish I would've layed down a thicker layer but oh well. It's just a trial run anyways, if it doesn't work out I'll just peel it all off and tint it (hopefully) or start over again (the backup plan).

Old 04-05-2011, 09:23 AM
HCF Member

I mailed the stickers today.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Cool, can't wait for em

Old 04-05-2011, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

I Like the headlights. Looks good. Maybe a different color would look cool too. like gunmetal or a gray.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Yea some day I'll actually pull them apart and paint, reseal, bake em, and HID and LED retrofit them but for now it works Or that's the hopeful idea anyway lol

Thanks DaOne!

Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

i like them doesn't look bad at all. pics are a bit small though

Old 04-05-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Thanks! They're growing on me the more I see them. And the pics are tiny because they're taken with my phone (and it's amazing 1 megapixel camera! ...sarcasm) and so are really tiny and aren't the greatest quality. Sorry guys I need a droid or iPhone

Old 04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Decided against doing a whole lot of crazy mods with this truck since it's only 2wd and I realized that I won't be able to do much with it even later on down the road. So I am not gonna worry about a lot of the mods on the first page...I'll do a edit of it and repost it here and in the 1st post.

Eventually I would like to trade in or sell my truck for a 4wd v6 Frontier or Xterra...idk which specifically. I haven't decided which I would rather have. I'm thinkin a Xterra but having a truck bed is nice.

*Edit:
So this is the edited list of mods to do/have already have done.

1st thing I need to do, PAY OFF THE DAMN THING! Then the following;
-wire up the fogs to work like i mentioned in the previous post <--- Done! 2/23/2011
-tint the tails (suuuuper dark) and LED the bulbs <--- Still undecided
-tint the headlights (prety dark) <--- Plasti-dipped them for now, they look prety sweet. 4/4/11
-Do a PML (poor man's lift) which is just cranking the torsion bars and getting rear shackles to lift the truck about 2.5 to 3 inches
-paint my plastic moldings (theyre all faded...sadface) <--- I might still do this, I'm undecided.
-STICKERS! <--- Done for now..
-Either paint my current wheels or buy new ones (i havent decided) <--- I still might do this cause I could transfer the wheels to another Fronty or a Xterra.
So this is where I will be headed now with my truck. None of it will be very extreme; about the only thing that would be durastic would be the PML cause I would have to get an alignment soon after lol I'm sure I'll be doing stupid random cheap mods like I do lol

This is the Xterra that inspired me...he has a great story and it's a prety awesome truck. I am really thinking of getting a X just like this and making it very similar to it. Maybe not those wheels but still

Originally Posted by KUMA
Got a couple from a professional too! But these are FB copies so they are a bit small and look much better in full size!

Last edited by Kenny-g; 04-06-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Went on a fun adventure today! The truck had a lil fun in the dirt/sand of Lake Somerville, TX It was a blast with the gf!

Not all the pictures are great, I appologize guys. When my gf gets the pics up on FB and to me of my truck I'll post them too, trust me they're a whole lot better than these

^ The lake...

^This one is my favorite...it's my sig and avatar for now

*Edit btw: I got 4 6x9" speakers in a nice @ss box from a friend for FREEEEEE! I need an amp and to wire it all up but still that's prety sweet I'll have some decent sound outa my truck now

Last edited by Kenny-g; 04-08-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Went to the Lake again today...not so much offroading but a lot of fun with friends! Had a blast...only took 3 good or semi decent pics so here yah go! P.S. I guess my friend wants money for the speakers now or wants them back if I can't...he needs money and someone already offered him a little less than 50 for them. But I told him I'd pay him 50 originally (stupid me!) oh well. If I can't scrape up some cash (ain't gonna give him some off my card lol) then I'll just give them back. Anyway, here's the pics:

Quick Reply: Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project