HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Thanks Hobo...I agree with ya.

I've decided I'm gonna go for them...starting the hunt for a set but it's a tough set of wheels to find. Apparently people with Xterras like to keep their wheels lol I really am hoping someone would be willing to trade for my wheels and like 200 bucks (preferably cheaper) but we'll see.

*Edit: Imagine this but with my truck though It'd be amazing.

Last edited by Kenny-g; 03-07-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Alright so not really an update technically but an update on what I plan on doing throughout the rest of the semester/summer (hopefully).

1.) I am gonna paint the grille bar (silver piece of the front bumper)...undecided on the color. Hopefully over spring break. I plan on painting the rest of the moldings too eventually but probably wont be able to paint it all over spring break, the front bumper is a big task to tackle..
2.) I made an account on an Xterra Forum in order to hopefully find a deal for those Charcoal Grey SE wheels...pray that I do plz
3.) Possibly tint my headlights slightly (still going back and forth on this decision but as of now I am fully set on the idea).
4.) PAY OFF THE DAMN THING! Should be able to by mid summer.
5.) Do the PML (poor mans lift) for clearance and a tiny lift anout 2.5 inches all around.
6.) Wanna keep an eye out for a cheap tool box and bed extender.
7.) Save for some armor (sliders first and possibly a rear bumper).
8.) Possibly a toneau cover but I am not 100% sure on whether or not I'd like to have one some day.
9.) Tires ??? Possibly

Thats basically it for this year...the last 3 prolly won't happen this year but I can sure hope The sliders would be nice to have by the end of the summer but we'll have to see how my money supply is by then.

I plan on having a custom Prerunner front bumper made for me some day [prolly no time soon at all...maybe after college as my Mechanical Engineering degree should get me a job at some kind of actual legit company (Ex; Shrockworks or Calmini...both are armor/protection companies)], a rear bumper that I have in mind (basic but it will work well for what I will be doing), and sliders a friend might sell to me (idk how much).

I'm addicted now I know its lame coming from civics to this but Its cool being offroad I hope the 4cyl 2wd will hold up for the minor stuff that I will be doing..

Old 03-08-2011, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

I like those wheels. they do look good..
Good luck finding them!
what size are they?

Old 03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

16's! I really want em OHHHH so bad!

Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Painted the top half of my front bumper today Bye-bye ugly overspray from the dealer It doesn't look bad at al, looks really good surprisingly. Only bad part was I got a little too close on two spots so it ran a bit Oh well, its fine...I don' plan on keeping the bumper forever anyways...

Here's the crappy cellphone pic:

It isn't very glossy though idk why...it's got two coats of clearcoat on it already (and oone coat was prety dang thick I thought). Would another layer or two of clear help?

*Edit: I plan on painting the grille bar (silver piece on the front bumper) tomorrow...thinking about going a darkish charcoal maybe color or just a gunmetal...not completely decided. Maybe Purple?

Old 03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
HCF Member

Looks good!
I would put a LOT more than just a few coats of clear. The bumper will get hit by rocks and random crap flying at you while your driving (specially freeway..) I would put at least a few more coats on there just to be on the safe side. chipped bumpers dont look good.. lol at least mine dont haha

Old 03-17-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Lol thanks Daone...I agree. I plan on putting a few more coats on later on but for now its fine (cause I already took off all the masking tape lmfao!

Heres the finished product! The gray turned out suhweet! Might do the fender flares the same gray and the rest of the front bumper black (that would be so bad ***!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:18 PM

I wonder if putting some Mother's Back to Black would do anything for the plastics...

>.>

Old 03-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Yes that'll help...armorall in general helps a ton. I plan on painting them all eventually anyway just not this week/weekend. Maybe by the summer idk

Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

So I am prety sure that nothing new will happen to my truck this summer/end of the semester lol I have to save for a ticket to fly to England and visit my gf and her parents. It's gonna cost like 800 bucks I am gonna have to work a whole lot but oh well, it'll be fun.

On another note, what do y'all think about these wheels? I might be able to trade for these if the tires are the same size as my current ones and the guy who owns this truck wants mine..

Quick Reply: Kenny-g's 02 Nissan Frontier Project