HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

i would just leave it in.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:57 AM

You "need" IAT with a MAP sensor, it is one of the factors in finding air density for the ECU. It needs to be PLUGGED in still, it will continue to read temperature but only of the engine bay. I find that my engine bay tends to get hotter than my charge piping anyway, so it's not a big deal and is only going to be off slightly.

Secondary O2 you can do what you want with, once you convert back to OBD1 the car will no longer recognize that sensor. Then on top of that you can turn off the O2 sensors all together.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

You "need" IAT with a MAP sensor, it is one of the factors in finding air density for the ECU. It needs to be PLUGGED in still, it will continue to read temperature but only of the engine bay. I find that my engine bay tends to get hotter than my charge piping anyway, so it's not a big deal and is only going to be off slightly.
yea thats what i meant, just not plugged into a grommet in the charge piping, but still taking a reading

ORIGINAL: SovXietday
Secondary O2 you can do what you want with, once you convert back to OBD1 the car will no longer recognize that sensor. Then on top of that you can turn off the O2 sensors all together.
lol makes sense, i knew that too, just didnt even realize that i'd be OBD1 by the time this thing is done.

Any of you EK guys have any pictures of how you ran the charge piping from the turbo into the bumper? Cant really find a good route.....

Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Cat Fuсker

under the rad support genious. Of you can cut a hole where the 5th gens have it.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

from the turbo to the right side of intercooler ??? around washer fluid tank...some people just ditch it cuse this pipe hangs a lil low

Old 06-26-2007, 03:12 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Mine went directly under the washer fluid resevoir.

Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 AM
HCF Member

tonys gay so his would

Old 06-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: dfdon

tonys gay so his would
I am teh awesome

Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 AM

Mine ran the same way Tony's did, dfdon is the odd man out.[8D]

Then going back to the throttle body I rust ran up through the hole that the stock intake box went through (like a cold air only for boost yo!)

Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

^ yea i think its pretty convenient how that hole is there, just didnt know hwo to go from the turbo to the inlet side of the FMIC

so was Gene correct in telling me that i should use the coolant inlet/outlet lines from the TB for the turbo, just re-route them through the turbo?

and Tony and dfdon, idk if either of you guys have taken a shot at telling me which lines go where on my turbo? Any input is HIGHLY appreciated, still tryin to learn before the install takes place

and Gene, you have any idea if you'll be able to make an adapter plate?

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!