HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:47 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

^ haha. good call.

random, but just throwing this out there: http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?s=faq

Old 06-18-2007, 11:04 AM
HCF Member

Page not found My05, but thanks anyway you guys, i actaully read an ImportTuner article about hte difference btween legit (GReddy, HKS, etc) BOVs and ebay BOVs, and the ebay ones were just crap compared to the real stuff, i'll look around though.

Old 06-19-2007, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

k, so i finally got some pictures up of the turbo. The nipples are all numbers 1 - 7, i need your guys helping me figure out which ones go to which.

So okay....looking at this thing....

-1 is a nipple that has a piece of metal bent over it, like its been blocked off. Whats this for?
-2 is a nipple coming off the wastegate, that will connect to nipple 4, the one coming off the intake/compressor housing, correct?
-3 is a big one, its fairly close to the little threaded nipple (number 6), which seems to be the oil inlet since its threaded. Does this seem right? And if so, would that make 3 the oil drain line sinec its so close to the oil inlet?
- 4 intake/compressor housing, read up there ^
- 5, kind of connect to the wastegate, is a larger one, possibly one of the coolant lines?
- 6, only threaded nipple, read #3 ^
- 7 is the biggest nipple coming off of the turbo, you can see it in the second picture well. Again, guessing maybe this ia coolant line?

I think that wraps things up with the nipples, lol help me out the best you can guys!

and he also sent me this:

no idea what it is, theres a bracket for it to be mounted somewhere, and also that line right below it is a line that came when the guy shipped it to me, anyone have any idea what either the line or the thing (i dont even know what to call it lol)is for?

Old 06-19-2007, 05:11 PM

that looks like a chrysler turbo

water and oil cooled

Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

yea Gene (Roto) said its gonna need both oil and coolant lines, the guy said he took it out of a Ford Probe (its a T25 still). Said i could use the inlet/outlet coolant lines off of my throttle body, sound good?

Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

6- is oil feed
4-cap it off
2-vacuum source/wastegate
7-looks like oil return
5-coolent
3-coolent

that would be my guess

Old 06-20-2007, 04:28 AM
HCF Member

i thoguht since it was internally gated you would run a vacuum line between 2 and 4??

Thanks for the help thoguh Dustin, lol nobody else will realy help

Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you can. but i would just run a vacuum line from the wastegate to the intake manifold. The compressor housing one i would just cap off or T that into the wastegate, there really isnt gonna be any vacuum in the turbo unless you get some turbo surge for some reason.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:53 AM

Wow lol, that's a mess.

1) Vacuum source via exhaust. You COULD use this for your catchcan, not really a big deal though.
2) Wastegate vacuum feed.
3) Coolant Feed
4) Boost/Vacuum pressure for wastegate. I'd personally just block this off and take the reading from the IM like riceburner said.
5) Coolant Drain
6) Oil Feed
7) Oil Drain

That's my stab at it, don't know what turbo that is either as I don't see any part numbers.

The little gizmo at the bottom looks to be a stock boost controller unit that you wouldn't use.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: riceburner700

you can. but i would just run a vacuum line from the wastegate to the intake manifold. The compressor housing one i would just cap off or T that into the wastegate, there really isnt gonna be any vacuum in the turbo unless you get some turbo surge for some reason.
would there be a digram explaing what line is the vacuum line for the IM in a manual that im going to get? And should i just T it off and run the new line to the wastegate? And i'm assuming you're saying that because it will give the most accurate measurement of the PSI im running since the air has alreayd gone through all the charge piping/FMIC and everything? (just trying to understand the logic behind it)

Thanks Sov, helps alot

the turbo has a part # on it, i'll look at it and post it up tonight for you that are interested

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!