HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

I know it is, I have just started to stretch the legs on mine so to speak. I added a MBC and a stewart warner boost gauge last week. I jumped it to 15psi but my ecu cuts fuel/spark at 12psi. It's didn't for about 3 minutes though and I could break traction on a 2nd gear roll at about 3000rpm. I moved it back down to 11psi but it spikes a little if i'm in say 4th and roll into the throttle to full boost but if I hammer it from second gear on it doesn't. Seems like a ok turbo really. When I get the fuel/timing cut removed from my ecu I plan on running 17psi with a water meth kit. I was going to get another front mount but temps are bound to be good plus I have a crazy *** low 7.6 to 1 compression ratio

If you would like I could take a short vid of the speed-o on a 2nd and 3rd gear pull and post it up in here for you to see.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 PM
HCF Member

Anyone got a clues as to where I could find a 7/16 X 24 nut? LOL Hell, I would take a tap of that size and pitch if I could find it.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Cat Fuсker

egay?

Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
HCF Member

I found out why Ben had such a hard time finding that right nut for this adapter.

ITS A FREAKING PLUMBING FITTING!!! I just got back from an hour long "walk about" through HomeDepot, Tractor Supply, and Fastenal. LOL But i found it, so monday I will get it all welded up adn ship it out.

And Ben sweetheart, you owe me for this one. ROFL

Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Recognized HCF Member

stupid double post.. sorry

Old 11-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LMFAO with plasma........

hahahhahahaha i used to do that about 5years ago WHEN I REALY NEEDED MONEY for groceries.LOL

i did it for quite some time until i got this one stupid person that had such a hard time puting the needle in right.... and OF COURSE..... i still have a scar from them puting in that needle in my freaken arm! small dot but STILL.... enough for me not to wanna go back! stupid interns!!!!!!!

funny part was while going thier i say the old drunk worker up thier donating plasma for BEER MONEY. LMFAO

Old 11-29-2007, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: windcalmer

I found out why Ben had such a hard time finding that right nut for this adapter.

ITS A FREAKING PLUMBING FITTING!!! I just got back from an hour long "walk about" through HomeDepot, Tractor Supply, and Fastenal. LOL But i found it, so monday I will get it all welded up adn ship it out.

And Ben sweetheart, you owe me for this one. ROFL
haha k cool, i dont feel so dumb for not being able to find a fitting that would fit onto both of them.....

and i know i already owe you $7 for the charge piping, so i'll just add it to this things cost

Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM
HCF Member

We can settle up at the end when you are all settled into your new job and have your cash flow sorted out better. I might go in tomorrow and work on it some. I will post a pic when I get it done.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

k whenver oyu get around to it, sometime before the new year

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 AM

you dont need a uhaul to tow it, just leave the bov section of piping off until you get to the tuner. then its just blowing air into your engine bay. if you have a good basemap on the ecu you will run like that just fine, even with the new injectors.

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!