HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 04:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

isntllated pillar pod today, succuss in the physical installation, but wiring is a differnet story. Boost gauge is all set, just waiting for a vacuum source so the vacuum line is just hanging out for now, tach is all f*cked up (link is if you wanna help me out), and voltmeter is good except the backlight burned out, so i'm gonna have to get a replacement. Auto parts store wasnt open so i could get clamps, vacuum T's, hoses, nipples and other random stuff for the vac mani installation, so that'll have to be another day.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

so been really busy at college, but have been working and buying a few things, intercooler is shipped right now and should be here in a few days, only need charge piping, oil line kit and then ECU and i'm ready to get the real install going heres a picture of my triple pillar pod though, installed last weekend, there were some complications but i'm getting them worked out ASAP

[IMG]local://upfiles/9586/A6E4718C76EB4B0497D67DFD67080965.jpg[/IMG]

EDIT: and yes, that is the same crack thats been in my windshield thats been there for over a year. Just been putting my money towrads other stuff instead of fixing it.....lol i know i'm lazy

Old 09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Volts, boost, and rpms? I would think an oil pressure would be more important. Anyway it looks good but I think it would look better if you had white gauge faces now so they match, are you planning on them after the build is over? Keep it up Ben. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
HCF Member

i used to have white gauge faces but they were the crappy ebay ones and they burned out. Since then i've done hte custom LED strips like addiction did. I like them alot better, although i do agree they'd match alot better with a white face.

anyway, my tach doesnt work, although its wired to the same signal wire as my shift light, which is working perfectly. I dont really understand it.....and it looks lame just sitting there

Old 09-06-2007, 05:41 PM
HCF Member

IMO i would go get an ex gauge cluster cuz theres no extra wiring needed for the tach, then i would get an oil pressure gauge like Mosta said. and then ya got both gauges

Old 09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
HCF Member

^ i might in the future, i'm strapped on funds right now and just want to put al my money towrads the boost, but i'm pretty sure thats whats gonna happen in the future.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
HCF Member

i would sell you mine but i need it for my future build, hopefully soon. good luck on the build flip.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:06 PM
HCF Member

^ thanks man, things are gonna start heatin up real soon

Old 09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

First, need help with charge piping. This kit i found lets you choose an assortment of pipes and clamps, CHECK THIS OUT.

What 6 pipes do you guys suggest i get, what size (i'm thinking 2.5"), and then of course the couples and T-bolts to match the size.

Next, Tuner Toys oil line kit. Judging by this link,, which oil line kit should i select? How do I know what size oil inlet and drain flanges i have, or atleast what do i measure to get the right measurements?

And lastly, GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer. I found this deal, and it looks pretty good. Price looks decent, and is that the correct harness? I'm converting to OBD1, and i'm not sure which harness it plugs into, is it anything that has to deal with OBD2 vs OBD1? Or is that the harness i can use?

Old 09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Cat Fuсker

Honestly, I wouldn't waste my money on a turbo timer right now...honestly it isn't as necessary as people make it out to be. I'd spend that money elsewhere..

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!