HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

psyched johnny, psyched.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

lol Johnny you think you are? Cant wait hear that BOV[8D] althgouh i need some freaking help, the BOV is cofusing as to how you install it on the adapter plate it came with, thres no really way to lock it in place, but i think i'm gonna post of an I NEED HELP video and have you guys help me out

so while i'm here, intercooler and oil line kit are in the mail, next will be oil sandwich adapter and triple pillar pod (also gonna get a tach and voltmeter), and alos got a question....

Do i need an oil restrictor? I've heard mixed opinions on it, what do you guys think? It seems like i'd rather supply to much fuel rather thna not enough and ruin the shaft, kinda like the running rich vs. runnign lean, neitehr is preferable, but rather be rich than detonate so, what should i do?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
HCF Member

oil restrictor, yes/no?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

"but rather be rich than detonate "
"rather supply to much fuel rather thna not enough "

Where do you plan on putting an oil restrictor to make it effect fuel? lol... Anyway I'm sure thats just a typo, I'm just messing with u. I think it would be ok as long as you are using a quality turbocharger and you are. You probably only NEED one if you are using an ssac turbo. Long story short imho, if you want to mess with one and want some added safty to keep your turbo in good shape then get it. If you don't want yet another thing to tinker with then you will be fine without it and don't get one.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mr Mobsta Man

I think it would be ok as long as you are using a quality turbocharger and you are. You probably only NEED one if you are using an ssac turbo.
That's not true, my garrett gt28r needs an oil restrictor. From what i read online, most gt turbos need an oil restrictor.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

I stand corrected.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

Im not sure what turbo your going with but its pobably a good idea to use a restrictor. Too much oil going to your turbo will slowly eat away the seals. Turbos really dont need all that much oil lin them to be lubricated. It also makes it a little easier on your oil return setup cuz you wont be having to drain so much oil.

Old 07-19-2007, 03:37 PM
HCF Member

flip, might as well spend 15 bucks buy one and run your turbo at exactly the right oil pressure it needs.

i got a quick question? how in the heck do you drive that car up there in the U.P. when you get 6feet of lake effect... im always up there riding snowmobile all winter and i would NEVER own a civic with that much powdah! how do you manage?

maybe next summer when we both finish our builds we can head meet up in cheeseland and hit up the 1/4 mile for a weekend and see whos car gots more bawlz [8D] your only 300sum sum milesaway from twin cities

Old 07-20-2007, 08:10 AM

-3AN, -10AN return well routed, no restrictor needed.
-4AN, -10AN return well routed, .6 or larger restrictor

Journal bearing turbo's generally don't need a restrictor, but you can put a larger sized one on there if you want to be safe. I personally don't run one, haven't had any problems but I have -3AN feed.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM
HCF Member

my turbo is an FJ11 off of an old Probe, think i need one? (Sov i have no clue what those numbers mean, sorry bro)

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!