HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

yet hondata is more reliable 7 hours of no boost on a basemap is gonna be a headache

Old 07-11-2007, 02:37 PM
HCF Member

Someone on here was tuning with crome, and they said eff it and acctually made the switch to a Hondata

Old 07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
HCF Member

that would be sov

Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720
so i'm still kinda stumped as to what im going to do for tuning....i cant find anywhere close that will tune my car or anything, i almost want to do it myself (Sov has kinda inspired me), but that will be a whole other project.....
Tuning your own car gets very expensive very fast, let's not get into the headaches and the simple fact that it is not easy at all, especially when you start tuning other people's cars. I still need to buy another wideband ($300), gah.

Tuning your own car however is extremely rewarding, but it's not for everyone. You really need to be dedicated, it is certainly a challenge. If you or anyone else wants to get into tuning and have questions, just let me know I'll do what I can to answer them or at least point you in the right direction.

I switched to Hondata because I'm planning on making a lot of power. For simple setups, Crome is more than good enough to handle it, Crome is also kind of buggy and often times frustrating to use, but if you're not a tuner than you don't need to deal with this making it a good choice. Hondata is great for me, I just plug in my laptop and I have full communication with my ECU. I can make changes and see results instantly, and I get all of the feedback from the ECU that I could possibly want. It's very straight forward, has a few advancements that Crome lacks (but you need to have a laptop to control them anyway), and overall is a sturdier program that doesn't rely on a bunch of people working out of their own will.

It really is up to you Flip, but I'd suggest just going with Crome and letting your tuner deal with it.

Only big place I know of in Michigan for tuning is Godspeed

-24788 Crestview Court
-Farmington Hills, MI 48335
-http://www.tuningfactoryinc.com
-Phone: (248) 477-0700
-Fax: (248) 477-0701
-Power Excel Dealer and Tuner of Power FC, Hydra, Hondata, AEM EMS, Turbo XS, and several other managment systems

Otherwise it may not be a bad idea to log onto H-T and ask if anyone knows of any smaller name companies that are capable of tuning Crome that are closer to your area.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Recognized HCF Member

150 an hr for tuning is commin hear, thats about what everybody charges these days

Old 07-12-2007, 07:23 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

there are a couple of places outside of detriot that you can go to. there is the tuning factory and there is another guy i know that just opened up his own place.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
HCF Member

k, got lots of responses here

Fiasco, yea $150 an hour seems pricey, but its really all i got...

MXS i know that i dont need Hondata, but its really all that is available.....

Sov thanks for the response man, that shop you listed is actaully tin the same town as the shop i called (the $150 an hour w/ Hondata place). As of right now, thast where im gonna be going, i talked to them on the phone and they seemed really cool, i dont think i'm gonna drive on a basemap though, prolly just trailer my car down there.....

And by "just go with Crome", how would i go about doing that if the tuner only uses Hondata? Wouldnt i just let them hook up their laptop/wideband and tune with the program they have? I definiteyl would go with Crome if i found a shop that tuned with it, but i beleive Hondata is all i have available

Tyler you have any info on the guy that just opened his place? I'd be intersted to know what program he uses, how much he charges and where he's located at, im very open for suggestions.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Well Hondata surely isn't going to hurt you in the slightest, but I do think it's a little overkill for your setup. However you will have all of it's features and if you can get yourself a laptop you'd have datalogging and everything that you could possibly want.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:02 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: FlipHKD720

I definiteyl would go with Crome if i found a shop that tuned with it, but i beleive Hondata is all i have available
you"believe" -- or you know for sure? did you actually ask? I have a hard time believing that they ONLY use Hondata

Old 07-12-2007, 01:13 PM

it would seem anyone apt enough to tune with hondata would be able to use crome as well

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!