HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: Well here goes nothing

I don't know that turbo, and I never ran any water lines to mine so I'm not going to be much help in that department.

Also, heres an alternative to using the "cai hole." My charging piping didn't allow me to run it through the hole, but honestly, I think this looks cleaner anyway.

Name:  EngineBayTopAngle-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  75.5 KB

Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 AM
Cat Fuсker

don't know yet. may be yes, may be no, Depends on whether I get this one tool I want or not.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:55 PM
HCF Member

alright Gene, thatd be cool if you could keep my updated

and Tony, thanks for the picture. For your vac manifold, did you run your brake booster line right to the vac mani, and then supply your IM with a vac line right off of the vac mani? Is that what i'm seeing? And i agree that that that looks clean (the chrage piping), i think i'll have to figure it out once everything is mounted and i'm actaully running the piping, but thanks for the idea man

Old 07-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Cat Fuсker

ok...for the next six or so months that would be a no. I don't have enough spare cash to get the tool.

Old 07-08-2007, 12:38 AM
HCF Member

Flip if your planning on coming to wisconsin for a tune i would look these guys up or atleast give them a call ive heard some pretty good feedback bout them its in milwaukee this is where im taking my car to get tuned.....http://www.beeyondeng.com/

Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: LarsonSi_0091

Flip if your planning on coming to wisconsin for a tune i would look these guys up or atleast give them a call ive heard some pretty good feedback bout them its in milwaukee this is where im taking my car to get tuned.....http://www.beeyondeng.com/
im from WI too. Arent they located in milwaukee? ive heard from mixed feedback, unless it was another shop.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 AM
HCF Member

yea i'm actually in Upper Michigan, like 2 or 3 hours out of Wisconsin, so that would be quicker than downstate actaully, so thanks for the ideas you guys.

and Gene thanks anyway, once i get the mani and see what the plate looks like i think i might be able to have one of my freinds makin somethin for me out at a metal shop near me, and i found a DIY of making your own turbo adatper plate, so i'll prolly use that

Old 07-08-2007, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

I dont mean to start controversy in the IC piping debate but if you think about air flow (with exhaust or IC piping) you want as few bends and as light of bends as possible to get optimal flow. With forty's piping you are getting alot moretight bends than if you run your IC piping through the hole where the stock airbox was. A good way to tell which is better is to add up the total degrees of all the bends needed between 2 givenpoints.

With my piping I have a 90, 45, 45 and one last 45 to the thottle body, thats a total of 225* of bends. With fortys piping he has a 180, 90, 45 and a 90 to the throttle body, thats a total of 405* of bends. This is just how I make sense of it. You can do it either way if you prefer the look of one over the other.

Pic of how I ran mine.
Name:  IMG_1359-1.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  75.6 KB
Name:  IMG_1362-1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  102.5 KB
Name:  IMG_1742.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  112.5 KB

Old 07-08-2007, 03:49 PM
HCF Member

^ REALLY helpful pics, and i think everyone would agree that the less bends you have the better, thanks alot man

Old 07-09-2007, 04:00 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: red2000Si

I dont mean to start controversy in the IC piping debate but if you think about air flow (with exhaust or IC piping) you want as few bends and as light of bends as possible to get optimal flow. With forty's piping you are getting alot moretight bends than if you run your IC piping through the hole where the stock airbox was. A good way to tell which is better is to add up the total degrees of all the bends needed between 2 givenpoints.

With my piping I have a 90, 45, 45 and one last 45 to the thottle body, thats a total of 225* of bends. With fortys piping he has a 180, 90, 45 and a 90 to the throttle body, thats a total of 405* of bends. This is just how I make sense of it. You can do it either way if you prefer the look of one over the other.

With the average mildly boosted d-series, it's not going to matter. It's when you start getting into big numbers and trying to mazximize your setup's potential that you'd want to start worring about bends.

Quick Reply: Flip's Turbo Project, Read Page 44 For Some Info!