HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Engine tuck and Engine bay shave

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:09 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Daym tell me why ive never seen ur sick as hatch on here ??? idk but its one hella nice car even before all this tucking and moding to the engine bay haha she looks very clean mann and i agree with CV the semi-gloss black engine bay would look hella good...ive just recently painted a few parts of my 98 cx that color and eventually the hx rims will be the same...i think itd go well with the look that ur goin for in that engine bay...just my opionion though

Old 04-10-2010, 09:31 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
Daym tell me why ive never seen ur sick as hatch on here ??? idk but its one hella nice car even before all this tucking and moding to the engine bay haha she looks very clean mann and i agree with CV the semi-gloss black engine bay would look hella good...ive just recently painted a few parts of my 98 cx that color and eventually the hx rims will be the same...i think itd go well with the look that ur goin for in that engine bay...just my opionion though
I am thinking of shaving the vents in the fenders to give it a cleaner look.

The front bumper was in about 5 pieces when I bought the car an after rebuilding it and then fixing it 3 more times, I see why. The roads around here are too high...LOL

Name:  DSCF6908.jpg
Views: 2104
Size:  72.5 KB
Name:  DSCF6909.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  82.0 KB

Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Does ur hood not latch? cause those hood pins are like causing the hood to be like dented if that makes sense.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
Does ur hood not latch? cause those hood pins are like causing the hood to be like dented if that makes sense.
I know exactly what you mean. I hate it!

The hood does latch but the hood is a blending of two fiberglass hoods into one and they took out all the channel supports so now it is flimbsy. I am going to glass my own hood(glassing is what I do, engine stuff is new to me) and make sure it's strong. I'll also make the line match the lights and bumper closer.

Old 04-10-2010, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

Did more polishing today until my friend brought me his sand blaster. I did a little before it got to dark. It works great for getting in those hard to reach places.
Name:  DSCF7048.jpg
Views: 2304
Size:  44.9 KB

Old 04-10-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah kool kool... gonna be nice once its all dont though...u gonna change anything about the tails or naw? i mean it doesnt look too bad but with that front end conversian on there they look kinda ... off i guess is the word im lookin for. idk just my opinion. but this whole engine bay project will turn out very nice once its all done

Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 PM
HCF Member

The bay looks awesome... but the body kit... eh. The headlights look sweet but the gaping hole of a front bumper and the skirts on the grill just don't look good at all. But to all their own, as lnog as you like it :P. Nice progress though.

Old 04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ Prety sure he couldnt really find some "stock" bumpers to fit that conversion though Scott...unless he made some haha I mean i guess ur username is "Fabmaster" afterall lmao itd be actually prety kool if you could mold one of the stock (whatever year this thing is) civic bumpers to fit but still look stock if that makes sense...and a stock rear one that could be one sweet look right there. Wow i am amazing haha

Oh and that with some amber fogs omg it just gets better and better lmao

Old 04-11-2010, 06:09 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
The bay looks awesome... but the body kit... eh. The headlights look sweet but the gaping hole of a front bumper and the skirts on the grill just don't look good at all. But to all their own, as lnog as you like it :P. Nice progress though.
All the body mods were done when I got the car. ALL of them need to be modified. The handle shaves are popping, the fender blends into the sideskirts are cracking, the sideskirts were blended into the sills but are now cracking, and I just want to say that I did the work. Having a big opening around the intercooler, imo, is a good idea for airflow but I am going to be changing almost everything. I have a pretty wild idea for the tails but until I research it more, it will stay in my head. lol

Old 04-11-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Originally Posted by fabmaster
All the body mods were done when I got the car. ALL of them need to be modified. The handle shaves are popping, the fender blends into the sideskirts are cracking, the sideskirts were blended into the sills but are now cracking, and I just want to say that I did the work. Having a big opening around the intercooler, imo, is a good idea for airflow but I am going to be changing almost everything. I have a pretty wild idea for the tails but until I research it more, it will stay in my head. lol
Gonna give us a sneak peak to the idea? pleeeease! hahaha

Quick Reply: Engine tuck and Engine bay shave