HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:48 PM
HCF Member

Lakewood son

Old 08-22-2010, 11:40 AM
HCF Member

Well cleaned my IACV today, what an awesome DIY, car idles perfectly at 750 rpms even after revving a little bit then letting off it always goes back and just sits at 750. Also i ordered a set of ES shifter bushings this morning to hopefully calm the shifting ****tyness of my car atm.

New Direction-
Well ive decided im going to be taking apart my block and selling the parts seperately from it seeing as how anyone who texts me or calls me about it from craigs the first thing they ask is always "who built it". And when i tell them i did they freak out say "ok ill think about it" and thats the last ill hear from them. Ill put up a for sale thread on here, i will be getting rid of most everything, ill be keeping the piston rings and bearings and ill tell why in a few. So ill be selling the rods, pistons, the block, crank(havent decided if i wanna keep it). If anyone is interested in those at all PM me.

So what im thinking with my car right now is this...I will be pulling the motor sometime and will be replacing the bearings with the new ones i have. I also have a set of high compression pistons i will be putting in along with the brand new rings. This should definitely increase the life of my motor as well as stopping it from burning oil. For the head i want to get new valves and valve seals as well as clean it up a little bit. And for my biggest problem my tranny...Since my third gear syncro is going out it grinds almost everytime unless i use my extreme skills with shifting really slowly lol. But right now i would really like to rebuild it myself, trannys arent too tough to do imo, i have disassembled and reassembled quite a few in my auto school. But if i find a good deal on craigs i may just buy a new tranny (already ive seen 2 good deals on craigs lol).

So once my motor/trans stuff is all done im going back to looking into suspension and wheels. I want to replace my cheapo springs with something nice, ground controls maybe, and i would like to finally get my struts KYB AGX's. After that i would like to get a better rear strut tower bar as well as a subframe brace in the front and rear. And then wheels...i would like to find a nice set of 15's or 16's, 16's i would get low pro tires, and with either size i would like to slam it, but im thinking not because im looking into suspension because i would like to DD and autocross this car. I will be looking into forced induction more as i have mucho to learn still and will be keeping my eye out for deals on craigs whiling doing all this.

Anyways guys i will still be around on here =D, Like i said i will be putting up a for sale thread for these motor parts as well as putting them on craigs, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

Also Cv if you are still looking for a block, i will give you first dibs on mine.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
HCF Member

Guess who just got a job a planet honda!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

AWESOME MAN! GRATZ ON THE NEW JOB!!
Good luck!
what ever happened to that Si?

Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

Dude acted all interested and told me to send him pics and what not, never heard from him again for some reason?

Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

find his house, steal his car, burn his house down. nah but in all seriousness, find him.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Engelhonda37
Also Cv if you are still looking for a block, i will give you first dibs on mine.
Crap.. I just saw this now. If it is a z6, I might be interested. Shipping would be a killer I think. Send me a PM when you can.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:47 PM
HCF Member

Well hey guys! Guess whos back after getting life sorted out?! lol but really ill be back on the forums and i have yet another project for you guys lol, just picked everything up today actually. But my parents are still working on the divorce, im currently living w/ my mom at the moment. Im working at Planet Honda full time now and it is awesome! I honestly love my job and its awesome money. Im actually currently working on getting ASE certified in brakes and suspension/steering.

Anyways my project now is ls/vtec, i have a super clean B18A1 block i picked up today. I also stopped at checker and picked up an engine stand and a torque wrench (needed one anyways) to do this project right this time! My head will be a gsr head and for the tranny either an si or gsr transmission depending on what i can find. I want to finish this up and get the swap in my car before next year, once thats all done im going to put together a turbo kit and get tuned on 8 lbs of boost for daily driving. So heres some pics of the block and what not, it came w/ a pretty much brand new crank (was polished at a machine shop) it has brand new oem bearings for it as well. The block was honed and hot tanked and then painted a darker grey, looks pretty good if you ask me =). O!! also i finally have something to work inside. My parents have a big ol shed thats pretty much empty inside so i got all my tools and engine stand all set up in there along with some empty shelves for parts and stuff!

Name:  021.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  161.9 KB

Name:  022.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  144.5 KB

Name:  024.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  126.1 KB

Name:  025.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  026.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  129.5 KB

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  028.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  030.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  108.9 KB

Name:  031.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  91.5 KB

Also i forgot to mention i ordered some oem PR4 pistons and rods today as well, tomorrow at work ill be buying some oem rod bearings and piston rings. And then come wednesday ill be going down to the junkyard to pick up some motor mounts, timing belt gear, crank pulley, timing belt tensioner, oil pump and pick up and then an oil pan and the block will be complete and i will start looking for my head!

Old 10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

Yessssss glad you're back! Your old boost project was one of my favorites on here.

Glad you are enjoying your job at Honda. I love mine at Acura. Your techs specialize in one thing and have to work on that one thing all day? That sucks, our techs do whatever we get from tranny swaps to running boards to struts.

And that's good to see an lsv build! It is annoying seeing a million people just swapping in a gsr. I was going to do lsv prior to me picking up my h22 I have now. They take a lotttttttt of work though, have to convert the whole bottom end belt assembly to that of a vtec. But in the end they make good power. Glad to see you doin something though.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Yay! Welcome back!

Quick Reply: Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread