HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM
HCF Member

Good news! I might have a flat rate job at a Firestone right down the road! Yay i can quit this gayness of a job at Home Depot if i get it and start makin some good moneyz! =D

Old 08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

Congrats, good money there?

Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
HCF Member

Well if you dont know what flat rate is, think of it like this...there is a book that says it take an hour to change oil on a civic and you get paid 100 dollars for it, well you just changed the oil in half an hour and still get paid that 100 dollars. So basically u just made about 200$ per hour, but you still have 30 min left over to start doing something else. Basically flat rate can be big money if your fast, on top of being fast you need to be thorough though. So im hoping for the best on gettin this job.

Anyways bad news, i sold my IC and piping and oil lines today, i just found out my parents are getting divorced. So why sell my stuff because of this? Well my parents have been helping me pay for my apartment and stuff, they pay for my insurance and cell phone as well. Well...im going to now have to grow up and be independent so unfortunately this is where my build ends. I just need to get rid of my block and some other small things. So once i get rid of everything im going to be fixing up my car, ill need to fix my tranny since my 3rd gear synchro is going out, some motor mounts need to be replaced as well as shifter bushings. Just small things i will be fixing up to make sure my car stays reliable for the time being.

Right now what im thinking is once i get going and hopefully get this job ill probably be looking at a GSR swap in the future or try and boost again (for the third time). Either that or ima start saving up and im getting myself a WRX wagon.

I guess everyone needs to grow up sometime though right? =(

Old 08-20-2010, 06:59 PM

Sad to hear but it seems that this is what's happening to everyone. You're like the 3rd or 4th build to have to be parted out due to life happening.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

Hey man sorry about the parents Im sure it's not easy one bit, but you have a heart for selling your parts to help them and yourself out good job man! I hope all goes well in the near future and you can get building soon!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

Thanks king, that means alot =). But apparently bad news comes with good news lol. I was lookin at some cars on craigs and found this...http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/1907606511.html.

Probably will be going to check it out today =D. Yay si

Old 08-21-2010, 02:10 PM
HCF Member

Ahh the famous blue Si it sure is gorgeous and you can even play around and find a nice set of Wheels is all it needs! Wow I can't wait till next spring so i can get my Si.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

Dang thats a crazy crazy cheap SI, I have never actually seen one at a price where it is at all worth it until now lol.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

^ Amen to that i guess I forgot to mention that it's a steal of a price and you should hop on that right away!

Old 08-21-2010, 02:17 PM
HCF Member

O shoooooooooot, this is in Colorado? Imma buy it first!!!! :P jp, no cash or I would def go check it out!

Engel what town you live in?

Quick Reply: Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread