HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

So i dont even know why im in rotm this month my ride is ish compared to your sexy fricken coupe lmao those pics were gorgeous i love your car ha

Old 08-08-2010, 05:59 PM
HCF Member

Thanks kenny! =D

Well tomorrow ill most likely be pulling my a/c and cruise control after work, depending on how tired i am lol. When the a/c is out is lookin like ill have sooo much room in there and less hoses, same with the cruise.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
HCF Member

Pulling the ac makes such a huge difference haha, I love it. I can deal with the days it gets hot in WI. Only time not having ac sucks is when it is hot and rains and your windshield fogs up, can't really get it to defog without opening your windows. And what are you doing to pull your ps? Line loop or breathing? My plan is to do a breather box type setup so that I can maintain a good fluid level, no pressure is built up causing harder turning, and I don't have anything coming in to my rack.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM
HCF Member

The ride is looking sweet! did u state where you got your front lip from? if you did sorry but can you tell us again?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

Thanks =). And my front and rear lips are just SI knockoffs, this guy here in colorado sells em for all different kinds of years of civics. He also sells like the fogs and some cheapy springs. I got my 2 lips all together for like 130 or something? Ive had to buy 2 fronts now though from bad luck =(.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:00 PM
HCF Member

That sucks, I bought my front and rear for $70 shipped on ebay and fitment is really good. A lot better than my mugen rep fit.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

Found some deals on craigs today, picked up a BOV for 20 bucks, just need to get a bov flange for it already mounted on a straight pipe like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-75-...ht_4410wt_1165.

Anyways the same guy has a turbo manifold as well for 60 bucks and it looks awesome no leaks. Im broke til friday so i only picked up the bov, that being said he said some guy was gonna come look at it today but doesnt know if that will actually happen. So hes gonna let me know and if that guy doesnt show ill be picking up the mani on friday.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:42 PM
HCF Member

Is it just a generic ebay bov? Whenever I start piecing stuff I'm stayin away from ebay bov/wastegate/turbo. The bov and wastegate play too much of a role in the life of your turbo and mainly your engine to trust something cheaply made. And if the turbo mani you are looking at is a ram horn one, they are like $70 new on ebay shipped. Those are more prone to cracks but I don't care, they look sick, so I'd just buy another new one or weld it depending on where it cracked.

Also you should just have a flange wleded in to your charge piping once the fitment is done. When you put couplers on either side of that straight pipe it is a possible spot for a boost leak and just ruins the looks.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Whenever I start piecing stuff I'm stayin away from ebay bov/wastegate/turbo. The bov and wastegate play too much of a role in the life of your turbo and mainly your engine to trust something cheaply made.
This is exactly what im trying to do

[/QUOTE=Scott53092]Also you should just have a flange wleded in to your charge piping once the fitment is done. When you put couplers on either side of that straight pipe it is a possible spot for a boost leak and just ruins the looks.[/QUOTE]

The pipe with the flange on it should work fine, for 22$ i cant complain. But i was also thinking of just getting the bov welded onto my charge piping like your saying, i could get it done really cheap or for free since a buddy of mine just got a welding job. I was gonna see if he'd even be interested in making me a downpipe.

This is what the mani looks like but its the gold/blueish look to it.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...w=1600&bih=807

Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM
HCF Member

O also i forgot to ask, Oil Catch Cans, what are these for and do i need to get one for when i initially swap in the motor and put my turbo on? And should i worry about it if im only gonna start out running 8-10 pounds.

Quick Reply: Engelhonda's new Turbo D thread