HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

Do not install the bigger injectors or fuel pump or any of that stuff until you do the swap and change the ECU.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:23 AM
HCF Member

flip is a thread jacker... banned from my post from now on [:@]

j/k j/k only thing im doing before hand are my gauges, vacuum mani T'ed, sandwhich adaptor installed, and i might weld on my bov flange to the ic piping, everything else is getting saved for the major overhaul

and sov, i looked EVERYWHERE tonight, i couldnt find a cheap y8 block, or whole engine anywhere, i def want one lying around just in case, ya know? [sm=bananallama.gif]

any good sites? that you know of, to many jdm sites that just have d15bs

Old 07-29-2007, 07:11 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

ORIGINAL: didder

flip is a thread jacker... banned from my post from now on [:@]

j/k j/k only thing im doing before hand are my gauges, vacuum mani T'ed, sandwhich adaptor installed, and i might weld on my bov flange to the ic piping, everything else is getting saved for the major overhaul

and sov, i looked EVERYWHERE tonight, i couldnt find a cheap y8 block, or whole engine anywhere, i def want one lying around just in case, ya know? [sm=bananallama.gif]

any good sites? that you know of, to many jdm sites that just have d15bs
just start looking for a z6 didder

Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 AM

Newspaper, craigslist, h-t marketplace, HCF marketplace, TurboD16 marketplace, etc etc etc.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Do not install the bigger injectors or fuel pump or any of that stuff until you do the swap and change the ECU.
i misread, sorry guys

Old 07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
HCF Member

will the z6 bolt into a ex coupe exactly like a y8? and would it be just as easy and walkthrough as a y8?

Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

Wow guys, missed the minneapolis 35dub bridge collapse by 10 minutes, i just went through it heading home from my girls house.

scary stuff ehh? i cross that bridge like 6 times a week, now i have to take 35e [&:]good thing it is same distance and time.

back on topic though, i just basically bought a y8 block, my buddy is holding onto it for me until mine blows, then im upping the psi until i reach max safe whp with 92octane... 3 grand for motor bored to 75.2mm with fitting high performance pistons, eagles most high performance rods, best quality bearings he could find, and basically everything is built for 450 whp, he swapped a built b18c isntead and has this lying around his garage so he said hell hold it for me until mine blows, and i just have to pay him whenever i wantlol... good idea to have a friends with like cars

all i gotta do to it is bring it to my machinest and have him port my oil pump and ill be set! this is me geting ahead of my topic though again, that will be my next build, which will be taking place in the spring after i get my car stiffened up with traction control bars, jdm engine mounts, an obx lsd, engine dampner, and whatever else i can think of, i dont want to be spinning through 3rd with a 300+ whp car.

btw, im installing my gauges and cluster this weekend, also my arp headstuds and new 3 layer gasket (getting unused headstuds and sweet gasket for $80 is my idea of sexy)

Almost there boys, cant wait to blow the doors off my buddies cars. gonna have to make a sick *** video for hcf.

me vs:
modded mustang gt 4.6
mustang svt (cobra)
tricked out 350z
audi s4
Evo
Celica Gs-T
anyone i can find at Hot import nights, my car better be done by end of september!!!

one question though, if im only gonna be runing like 230-240whp for a while would it be stupid to buy 550cc injectors? even though im upping it to like 300+ by next year this time?

Old 08-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Glad to hear you weren't involed in that dude. What a mess.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 PM
HCF Member

That is like horrible about that whole bridge thing but glad to hear you made it

Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 PM
HCF Member

yea sad stuff, im glad i wasnt running a little late.

but on a happy note, i got my gauges, installing them tomorow morning and next week im bringing the car into the shop to get a stupid TINY little oil leak fixed, while there at it ill have them install the arp headstuds and my new 3 layer Head Gasket. ill post some pictures tomorow.

working on a couple sites to get a complete intercooler kit, think im going with the godspeed one, they said all i would need is a L pipe and it would be complete so yea rock on

otherwise im going with the fast-turbo piping with the godspeed IC, the fast-turbo guys really kick *** but they are a little more than the godspeed guys...

decisions decisions..

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)