HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:35 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

here ya go didder, here are some pics of my vac mani set up. let me know if you want me to take any more pics of my set up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4038/5D5653D9A329461A825DADB43E54D235.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/4038/F16212B32343430BB2BBF691733C371D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2007, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

thx ary, but i do know how it connects to the vacuum manifold, what i dont know is what the stuff hooked to the manifold is hooked to on my engine [&:]lol

ill be getting my turbo / bov / wg in mail in about err 1 or 2 days so il update with some pics for ya all then.

and sov, i saw that little mother fu**er back back there when i looked but it seems higher up than that but maybe my head was just higher up my *** lol. ill talk to you on aim sometime soon here one more time and figure out exactly what im supposed to do to make the custom catch can work. i get scared just guessing, im the type that needs to KNOW.. i think you figured that by now though lol

thx everybody keep the info and tips comin!

Old 07-17-2007, 05:01 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

the two other black lines are my wastegate and bov, the clear line is my boost gauge and the thick one is the brake booster which was cut.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:39 PM
HCF Member

oh wow, i thought it was more complicated than that. Thx a ton! gonna need help on the brakebooster, and your boost gauge goes straight from the manifold to your gauge? thought it plugged in somehwere else too but hey i dont know anything yet

Old 07-19-2007, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

buying my tri pod and gauges soon, if i buy the vacuum manifold and thesandwhich adaptor,would it be wise to installthe gaugesbefore installing the turbo? ill be ricer and have a car with sweet gauges and no use for them!! woohoo they look cool though

i could just hook the boost pressure gauge up to the vacuum manifold and it would read nothing right? the oil pressure would read correctly plugged into the sandwhich adaptor. and do i hook up a vacuum gauge to the vacuum manifold or somewhere else?

getting the usual boost / oil pressureand then a vacuum pressure gauge(not tuning my car so no need for air/fuel setup)

Old 07-20-2007, 07:12 AM

Install **** as you get it, trust me, cuts down install time a ton and it sucks wiring up gauges after you just put in 20 hours of straight work.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

good deal then, ive been itching to bolt on / wire up something on my car, its been crying for "work on me attention". so ill be bolting on and wiring up my vacuum mani, sandwhich adaptor, and boost / oil pressure / volt gauges soon... hooray fun fun!

quick couple questions about fuel management, i read somewhere that the precision 440's dont like to fit into civics? anybody have a problem with precision injectors fitting?

and another thing, what would happen if i swapped my car from obd2b-obd1 and then put the chipped p28 in? it wouldnt hurt anything would it? wouldnt it just run me a little fat? kinda like an ebay chip except without the LIES!

Old 07-21-2007, 02:45 PM

Don't put the ECU in until you are done.

My 780ccs popped right in.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:30 PM
HCF Member

omg, venom intake manifold, for umm like half price off my buddies old z6, he converted his si to a b18c and has a completely flat out built z6 block and a y8 head that he did for his school shop class project, and then he realized they wouldnt fit lol, i think i may buy his head and just steal his venom mani cuz its so freakin cool.

one thing im worried about if i buy his head, andIM,is if i do would i be pushing way to much power for my stock internals with the .7 bar? only thing i would have helping the block would be headstuds [&:]

i got to jump on this fast though cuz hes moving to arizona in 7 days for honda school so whats your alls opinions? push boost off for about another 2 weeks and get a TIGHT *** head and mani, or just say screw it and go for the boost only?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 PM

Just wondering here, most turbo set ups are able to be kept street legal right, except for like on an all out race car?

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)