HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

good luck getting sov to take pics underneath the car, lol
Yeah about that, lol.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

thx ary, if you could post a pic of your setup i would be TRUELY appreciative, visuals will help me 100% more since i have no f-ing idea where anything is.. about time i learn [8D]

and sov, lol i jacked up my car, got under there with a flashlight for like 5-10 minutes and could not find that pcv box, where the heck is it? is it above my oil filter or what? i couldnt find anything [:@]

il google it and see what i come up with but that thing is pissin me off... BAD. hate it when i cant find something

Old 07-13-2007, 11:33 PM
HCF Member

update on my google search:::

i really know how to change a pcv VALVE now, but still no go on the pcv box!

is it higher on the block than the oil filter or lower? and when your sittin on the driver seat looking forward would the box be to the left or right of oil filter, and above it or below it. and about how far lol, this things REALLY irritating me [:@]

oh and lol, think ill swap my pcv valve when i change my oil over to synthetic, will the 6,000 mile amsoil synthetic stuff work? or do i need the really good stuff that is good for 20,000 miles lol

Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 AM

On Monday when I go back to the shop to start pulling everything off my car I'll take a picture of the PCV on my other engine since it's out of the car already if I remember to bring the camera.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:46 AM
HCF Member

well since i bought the turbo / bov / wastegate the next thing im'a buy is the intercooler / piping and the 440cc injectors.

got a imp question on the injectors though, i hear that the precisions dont like to fit in some civic applications, has anybody installed precision 440's in there d16? otherwise i will have to spend hte extra like $100 bucks to upgrade to rc's (really dont want to). im sticking with plug and play because i really dont want to deal with the resistor box of the dsm's

and sov, i would appreciate that like immensely, cuz it really scares me pulling hoses off of something if i dont know for 100% what im pulling hoses off of

keep the advice comin boys! im gettin there

Old 07-14-2007, 04:22 PM
HCF Member

ok, i was thinking about this for a while...

what are some things i can buy to beef up my engine to handle the 10.2psi better. but i am not pulling the engine out of the car so yea so far im thinking

arp headstuds (prevent headlift)
aluminum block gaurd (help beef up the cylinder walls)

-engine dampner (relieve stress on mounts)
-buddy club racing grounding system (run everything more efficiantly)
-add to this list please

anything else i can do? remember no removal of engine stuff [8D]im not that comfortable with ma car yet.

i saw a kit on ebay that hasheadstudswith the block gaurd for 216 shipped.. how in the... does the block gaurd stay in position? does it sit in a groove and then just get squished by the head? i gots no idea, someone check out that pic and explain to me where it bolts lol

and what are some other things i can buy to relieve some of the stressof boost and make the setup run as smoothly as possible (besides a GREAT f-in tune)

again thx comrades

-didder

Old 07-15-2007, 08:27 AM

In order to do the blockguard correctly the engine's going to have to come out, it needs to be pressed in. Block guards are trash IMO, I'm not running one in my engine and you shouldn't either.

The only reinforcement your car needs is the ARP head studs, that is IT. Hell I didn't even run them in the Y8, although I suggest against it I somehow got away with it.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

This project should be in the project section! sov next time someone is sayin they arent sure about boosting their D, just tell em your engine lasted longer than your car did. Lol.

Old 07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
HCF Member

ok ok, so screw the block gaurd, saves me $100 anyway , how hard are the headstuds to install? 2-3 hours? cuz i might order them now and do it before i even turbo my d

Old 07-16-2007, 06:21 PM

You're probably gonna want to smack yourself with this picture.

No really, I don't think I need to explain where the black box is. [8D]

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)