HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

basically it was during the middle of school year with 3 sports, class and work there wasnt to much time to get alot of work done...but took my time and came out fine

Old 07-11-2007, 03:16 PM
HCF Member

omg add this to my list http://www.exospeed.com/product.php?id=85

lol, i hope i dont blow my motor, cuz i know ill end upbuying something like that[&:]thats one hella boostable block.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:30 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

alright didder you are going to be surprised with mine. it took me from thanksgiving to about mid may to finish my install and get tuned. i didnt have all the parts and it was my first time really doing anything on my car. i had some people help and it was great fun, all and all i think i could do it in 3 days if i had to do it again.

Old 07-11-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

your car was down for that long? wowza lol. i really dont wanna pull my lumina out of the woods... shes a a BEAST!

im thinkin i can do it in 3 days np with my lift, welding experiance, mechanic of a dad and doing it here at my fab shop. goal is about 15hours... ill probably end up spending 60

Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

damn you got all the right tools accessed right to ya

Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM

Didder you have my number, I bet you probably wo'nt even have to use it. [8D]

Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i would spend another 100 bucks and go with laskey if your having a built motor made, you even get benson sleeves, top of the line

http://laskeyracing.com/shop/dseries.htm

Old 07-12-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

im not plannin on building the motor unless she pops, and i would never go to that extreme unless i won the lottery or something or hit it big at the black jack table. i just saw those when i was looking for used d16 blocks and i thought they were cool lol

if i blow up the y8 biggest upgarde im going is to a z6 with crowers econo rods and arias or vitara pistons with the bearings and usual stuff. just to ensure it wont happen again, ill never be leaving 10psi or ill end up in prison lol

and sov, i will be calling lol, bolting on the turbo, hooking up the oil lines, and installing hte ecu and gauges = all easy

and sov lol. you know how we talked about removing the vaccuum lines from the pcv thing? well can you get under your car and take some pics of how yours is.. cuz i really dont understand it at all, i know to remove the 2 lines going into the box, but which hole do i choose to run to the atmosphere?

vacuum lines = WTFAMIDOINGHERE? (in english, "i have no f***ing idea why i tackled this alone!!")
i dont know ANYTHING about vacuum stuff, never played withit in my life, honestly, i dont even know where to buy them from or how many il need to get this car running... and im truely scared to pull hoses, id vrather do electrical (love hooking up systems [8D]) but pulling those hoses just SCARES the hell outta me.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

for the vac lines i suggest a vac mani which is see you have on your list. its pretty easy to do. get brass fittings instead of plastic ones. all you are doing is cutting the brake boost line before the check valve. put the brake booster line into the side of the vac mani and then where the brake booster goes to the intake mani you put into your vac mani. then you just gotta run a vac source for your boost gauge, wastegate, bov and boost controller if you have one. i got my vac lines from a hardware store. i think it was .99 a foot. i can get a picture of my setup if you want man to help you out a little bit.

also i see you have an oil sandwich on your list, from experience please do not get one of these. i spent 40 bucks on one and it was just a hassle. it was the worst thing to purchase. ya they seem easier but i installed the block fitting in a matter of 20 mins. i would suggest to go wiht the block fitting you get from stealth. i hope this answers some of your questions, let me know if you have anymore.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
HCF Member

good luck getting sov to take pics underneath the car, lol

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)