HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

lol sov, again im talked back into the .7 bar

MOMMA IM GOIN FAST!!!

but i dont want to blow up [:'(]lol 230 whp civic = COMPELETEY HAPPY

Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 AM
HCF Member

omgosh, just blew $1400 on my turbo, WG, and BOV, it didnt even hurt to hit thesend payment button, itscaresme that it didnt [&:]i highly reccomend rogueusa.com if your gonna buy a garrett turbo, theyll hook you up with a 38mm wastegate for $205 bucks shipped (knocked off$15)if you buy it along with a turbo and they also knocked $15 off my bov cuz i found one for 203 on ebay and they beat its price,AND they got great customer service... 2 thumbs way the F*** up for rogueusa.com [8D]

(pics of me smiling and cuddling with my turbo soon)

quick question on my oil line kit. i found the one for my car and turbo, im runnin a gt35r turbo so i would get that kit. but does this picture of it look like its everything i need? im scared to place an order, start installing, and have my oil line kit missing stuff. like which piece in there do i have to weld to my oilpan?

Old 07-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Yo'ure not running a GT35R, you're running a T3T04e with a BB CHRA, lol. Not quite the same thing.

But that picture has everything you'll need for your oil lines, just get the right feed fitting for your turbo.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:49 PM
HCF Member

Yeah Im hearing more and more stories about d seires motors making crazy power on stock internals. Im starting to think theres something to those simple little motors that keeps them from blowing up. I guess you should just go with 10 psi. You can rebuild a d series block for like $600 so its really not that big a deal if it blows up anyways. Buy I would start building that backup block asap just in case.

Old 07-07-2007, 08:44 PM
HCF Member

on ur turbo make sure ur oil feed inlet is threaded or your going to neeed to tap it on get another flange

Old 07-09-2007, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

just a quick question i want EVERYONE to answer who reads and who has installed their own turbo

how long did your install take? im curious to know how many days im going to have to take off work, andjust plainSCARED to see how pissed off my wife to be will be when she finds out im under a hood and not with her for XXX number of days lol. shes considering this build a "pre-marriage crisis" i think thats kinda like a mid-life crisis but more afraid of marriage than death... who woulda thunk it?

either way i kinda want a heads up on how much of a B*tc* this is gonna be. from what ive read it doesnt seem to bad at all if everything goes right (LOL [&:]) but has anyone ever installed one of these bad boys and everything went well?

so back to the question..

how long did it take ya all? let me hear it, ill try and beat it

Old 07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
HCF Member

oh and heres another quick question, will a y8 head fit on a z6 block, cuz i may start lookin for a block to build if it does, it'd be nice to know id have it around incase i throw a piston through my y8 block

Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM
HCF Member

my install october 12 ------feb 16 aka ****ing kill me but ull know its all worth it in the end

Old 07-10-2007, 08:56 AM

First time installing my turbo stuff, 2 days about 20 hours total working my *** off. It's not hard, it just take a while. Wiring the electronics and plumbing the vacuum lines and other **** like that is what took the longest. Bolting everything on didn't take very long, and you can weld so any "ghetto fabbing" that you need to do won't be so ghetto and will be easy.

2nd time I did it it took me 3 days, but it was more of an engine swap and tranny rebuild than anything. It didn't take me that long to do the turbo stuff, just had to bolt the turbo on and weld up a new exhaust and I was good to go.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

lmfao @ dfdon... wtf happened?

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)