HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

lol sov, i talked your ear off on aim and i still got questions...

catch cans, thinking about reliability here, do they help, they catch the excess gasses and liquids that are flying out of my engine (Gulp) but is it even worth puttin one on? on the other hand, it would really look cool [8D]

any advice?

Old 06-30-2007, 05:25 PM

I don't have one, but I should. It's just a good way to collect all of the oil that the engine pushes out... tis what happens when you pressurize an engine lol. It's not really going to help you, just pull the entire PCV system out and you'll be ok.

Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
HCF Member

and a pcv system issss? english sov english for the noob

Old 06-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Positive Crank case Ventalation, its the black box on the back of the block that runs to the intake manifold

Old 06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
HCF Member

w00t decided to push 10 psi with the .7 bar spring with my wastegate (buying on saturday with my turbo)

well see what these internals can handle! hopefully i wont end up pushing like 250 hp with 10 psi, hoping for more like 220 but hey i can always run err till she blows and buy a z6 and build err to the moon

ill just have to pull my 93 lumina out of the woods lol

Old 07-01-2007, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

I really wouldnt push 10 pounds on your stock motor. You will have plenty of fun with 6-8 and you wont blow up in 2 weeks. I would get a wastegate spring of around 5-6 psi and use a boost controller for special occasions and very rarely run10 psi. Just my $.02!

Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM
HCF Member

it was sovs idea lol i wanted 7 but he talked me into 10, said he knows of a 300+whp stock internal civic that runs 1/4 mile time and time again with no problems. im just using mine for weekend fun

we will see what happens

ill buy a motor and just have it lying around if 10 is to much maybe ill build it when i get bored. not like d16's are expensive or hard to come by.

ohh ohh and sov, my buddies b18 is turbod today, 12 psi,(around)400ponies the installer said hell be pushing he was gonna go 20psi but boost factory guy talked him down to 12 lol.. hes getting tuned this week sometime... son of a b**ch i wish i had a b18, but his also is built to the limit, nothing else can be done to it, it was 200+whp before boost [&:] i cant wait for a ride!

Old 07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

omg wow lol i just added shopped for every part on my list for a couple hours to see what i would be running.. im pretty impressed lol

this build is going to cost me at the MINIMUM $2950 without a tune.... WOW fun hurts, at least it will be a totally reliable turbo setup, i think for that much $$$ im going to run the .5 bar though and only go with 7.25 psi, ill buy a boost controller later if i really feel i need the power...

ouch ouch ouch, pushing off my turbo buy for another week, if i buy my turbo / wastegate / bov togeather they knock off 15 off the bov and WG, so yea, ima nickle and dime for all its worth

i shouldnt have done this research lol, shoulda just went part by part and added it up in the end [&:]

itll be worth it... right guys? (asking for some moral support on this rediculous ammount of money to be spend)

Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 AM

I'm coming up on 10,000 fast, if that makes you feel any better, lol.

Yeah, a shop about an hour away from me owns a 385whp stock D16Z6, all it has is ARP headstuds. I have seen the car, and I know the person who custom built their twin scroll topmount manifold. It suffered a boost spike to 34psi, not only did it survive, but the engine made about 420whp lol. It has seen a few hundred low 11second passes, it's a monster.

10psi shouldn't be any more than 230whp with the exhaust setup he's running, car will be plenty fine with a good tune. You can run a lower boost if you want, it's not going to hurt anything.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:01 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Yeah, a shop about an hour away from me owns a 385whp stock D16Z6, all it has is ARP headstuds. I have seen the car, and I know the person who custom built their twin scroll topmount manifold. It suffered a boost spike to 34psi, not only did it survive, but the engine made about 420whp lol. It has seen a few hundred low 11second passes, it's a monster.

[sm=insomnia.gif][sm=jawdrop.gif] wow!!!.

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)