HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 03:01 PM
HCF Member

daaaaamn can't wait for the video!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:08 AM
HCF Member

everything i use it in the corners on my valve cover, my downpipe-turbo flange, and pretty anywhere you want...

it'll replace a gasket if you are in a pinch basically, and it can handle a lot of heat so it holds up...

it actually did work on my oil pan, i didnt realize i the oil was leaking down the side of the block out of the valve cover between the one of the corners...

downside to copper gasket, oem is better

Old 09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Snail'n Admin

aww youre a weenie. You spent all this money and cant buy an oem gasket or two? youre dead to me

Old 09-11-2008, 02:48 PM
HCF Member

i use oem and copper gasket in the proper perportions

UPDATE!!!:::

Brought the car to "full blown motorsports" today, LJ is amazing, so much was wrong! im probably going to have a $1000+ bill and im not even mad lol

heres what he fixed:

my car was loud as hell, he popped open my valve cover realized something was on backwards (i didnt install anything internal) switched it around and its quiet as stock.

he upgraded my boost controller (the one phearable send out are OLD AND OUTDATED!! AND BOOST CREEP AT HIGH BOOST!!!!) So he gave me the latest one... he installed a new aem fuel pressure regulator for $100 (freaking steal)

i bought a new tps sensor, it was junk! had no voltage, he installed a new one...

and to end the day, as we were just about to tune, we couldnt get the car to idle because the venom intake mani wouldnt allow the car to surge because of no iacv, so tomorrow i have to do a iacv relocation and we are set for the POWER PULLS!

it hurts to watch them say stuff doesnt work and just watch my $$$ creep away

so tomorrow, ill get you numbers, and video will be up by sunday hopefully (will have tune, friday nights races etc... but wont be edited so it will be pretty long and winded but im sure you wont care)

wish me luck

PRAY SHE DOESNT BLOW!

-DiDDeR

Old 09-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Snail'n Admin

haha good luck bro, bout time

Old 09-11-2008, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

my wallet hurts, so bad, so so bad, like so bad...

IT HURTS!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Snail'n Admin

sidenote...I want it edited....so like, edit it. Kthanks, or at least send me the vids and ill edit it

Old 09-11-2008, 06:50 PM
HCF Member

your vids suck, 2 minutes of BOORING... mine are illegal street racing FUN, and or a motor blowing up

Old 09-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Snail'n Admin

hahahaha dickbutt

Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM
HCF Member

cost of tune, all the parts, and everything $1300, on the plus side, my bov sounds cool!

car was on dyno 6 hours!!!

issues we came upon:::
1.) spark plug gapping wouldnt let us get over 245whp
2.) my bbk throttle body wouldnt read my tps sensor so i have no 1/4 (omg so annoying)
3.) my godspeed intercooler was very restrictive, would not give me any more power over 15psi, we had it at 20 and it gave the same power as 15, """dont buy a godspeed intercooler unless you aernt looking for a lot of power""""
4.) phearable gave me a defaulty boost controller, it didnt work! we had to tune it with a manuel. that *** clown
5.) the dyno and my car wouldnt read my rpm the same screwing everything up on the dyno pulls.
6.) my car says its near overheating, but when we shoot it with a temp sensor it reads right at optimum, which scared LJ for a while lol
7.) my friends kept making fun of me for driving a honda (the worst part)
8.) the supra next to me making 800whp made me sad (2nd worst part)

so... we are planning a re-tune as soon as i get a new throttle body, phearable fixes my ecu, and i get a better flowing intercooler... LJ said my intercooler is making my turbo act like a t25 at high boost, its flowing 18 lbs, but its not at the same volume as a t3/t4 so it SUCKS!

heres my sheet, sorry its not as good as it should be... add 6% for a dynojet, so on a dynojet its making 302whp and just over 205wtq

sheets in attachment, im kind of embarrassed of it

p.s. if you look at my curve, at 5700 rpm it really starts acting up, when i fix the issue on 15 psi follow that curve to 7k, should be around 300+ on 15 psi lol

Attached Thumbnails  DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)-dyno-day.jpg  

Last edited by didder; 09-12-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)