HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

its not that im lazy, its that my car is 64 miles away... and its hard to get up there, been on vacation for 2 weeks... im getting more annoyed every day

Old 08-02-2008, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

your a true warrior. don't let the car get the best of you.

I forget to check out this thread, I will more often. Dam that is one hell of an awesome setup.

I forget if you said that you go to turbod16 or not. You'll find a lot of helpful info there

Old 08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
HCF Member

fixed the fuel pump problem!!!! the car runs!!!!!! and it runs like its supposed to!!!!

problem was:
-my idle needed adjusted so i removed my throttle body, well, i accidently pulled my map sensor switch ground out and i couldnt see it behind the electrical tape, causing my fuel pump not to engage because no readings from the map.

its noisy and clattery but thats because its cammed, and totally built, will be dynoing friday night or saturday!

wish me luck, pray she doesnt blow, ill get you all pics and vids asap

a monster was born on 8/16/08

Old 08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Snail'n Admin

congrats bro, bout time. I want vids, like now, or ban

Old 08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
HCF Member

well your videos / tune or going to have to wait, i have a ton of heat transferring from my downpipe into my intercooler pipe right out of turbo, i need to wrap up the downpipe..

other problems consist of oil line ricer rig not working out, ordered a new fitting because i broke the original, i also have to route my dump into my downpipe in order for the fitting to work (which is actually a better look / better way anyway, i was just lazy)

so heat wrap (to keep heat in), new 45 hose end, and an intake jacket (to keep out heat), route dump into down pipe, throw some of that sweet radiator stuff that keeps the motor even cooler, and then tune!!

also to come:
1.) slim fan on a/c (cut down on weight and give me more clearance its really tight)
2.) ground wire kit
3.) tranny rebuild (4.9 final drive and complete rebuild, can you say torque!?)

Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Snail'n Admin

im mad at you, we're getting a divorce...errr i mean, i dont think any of this is happening. I think i need pickchas to keep me entertained

Old 08-24-2008, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

camera is down lol, you had pictures but the site went retardo and screwed everything up

Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Snail'n Admin

we're over, dickbutt

Old 09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
HCF Member

greddy, this will make you happy, im getting tuned wed, thurs, or friday lol

over this week i:
1.) removed oil pan, retapped it to a better place so it wasnt hitting my downpipe (around the backside) reinstalled it with a copper gasket
2.) removed downpipe and wrapped it, and sprayed it with a sylicone sealer so that my intercooler piping doesn't get heat soaked.
3.) clocked the turbo forward a little so that the intercooler piping is farther away from down pipe.
4.) had to re remove my oil pan and put oem gasket because copper gasket leaked !!! and then reinstall downpipe / dump (they need to come off in order to remove oil pan)
5.) fixed broken valve cover threads, had to remove both rocker arm tubes and rockers in order to replace the piece....
6.) installed new fuel pressure regulator / fuel filter.

now greddy, ill make you happy and give you a video in 2 weeks tops promise. im saving the dyno vid for my finale, because i talked to my tuner today, were talking 350-400whp on 92 octane with my setup, i dont think ill get that much on 550cc's but hes confident...

next video will a compilation of me whipping car after car at the local street races

Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Snail'n Admin

hahaha YAYAYAYA! bout damn time btw. so whats the pros/cons of a copper gasket?

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)