HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 11:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project (Updated page 1! LOOK!)

dropped the motor in! installed the turbo kit! STILL NOT RUNNING!!!

missing2 key component parts including:
-d16z6 vtec sylenoid (ordered today)
-we broke the return oil line from turbo!!!! so im figuring out a solution
-broke the old speedo gear, going to run a gps instead, but it still is gay!

everything else was "ok" i suggest to everyone, DO NOT buy a venom intake manifold, unless you are a machinest / metal fabber / mechanic, we had a day of problems with this thing trying to fab stuff up to make mounts fit/ hoses fit etc...

ill post pictures on tues

ALMOST THERE

Old 05-24-2008, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

ooo im excited what a sleeper i love it

Old 05-24-2008, 01:15 PM
HCF Member

yup, went to hardware store and picked up the few clamps / bolts i needed (needed bolts for throttle position sensor and some clamps for misc hoses)...

i gotta figure out one thing about the oil return line now though, how the f*** am i going to get it to fit lol?

Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 PM
HCF Member

the oil return line, ugh, i just wrapped about a half inch of leather around it, talked to fast-turbo.net and they are sending me a replacement so i can run the steal braided, what i have "SHOULD" work for now.

my distributor didnt work, didnt realize the obd2b harness wouldnt wire up to the obd1 distributor, just ordered a conversion plug today, should be here wednesday..

START UP UPON ARIVAL OF HARNESS

p.s. i tried uploading some pics but everythings all screwy and making it hard for me to do it... they are in my photo gallery, but for some reason the photo gallery isnt working for me, maybe youll have better luck enjoy

Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Snail'n Admin

yea, its not workin for me either....so im callin shenanigans

Old 06-03-2008, 10:26 AM
HCF Member

good luck man i'm praying for you

[sm=gears.gif]

Old 06-03-2008, 03:04 PM
HCF Member

got the pics to work in thread, just some teasers like i said, real ones will come when i get the piping mounted correctly and everything complete.

p.s. keep praying live, and everyone else i need it

Old 06-03-2008, 06:30 PM
HCF Member

Looks awesome[sm=rockinit.gif]

Are you going to be able to put a filter on that? looks kind of tight. you could prolly get away with a screen on it for a little while.

Don't give up your almost there

Old 06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

got the filter on it (just needed a 30degreebend and 4" of piping),re-routed thh piping so the intercooler is tuckedunder bumper, and ordered the distributor adaptor harness for the obd2-obd1 conversion... BUT THEY SENT ME A 10 PIN NOT AN 8 PIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg, i express shipped it for 50 bucks, and now when i return it i only get 29 back, freakin sweet right?? passwordjdm.com = ball lickers!

rywire.com = saviors, i ordered a new adaptor from them, and they actually specify its for a 98-00 8 pin d16y8 to obd1 distributor.. pwordjdm just stated d series obd2 - obd1 conversion, never told me it didnt work on obd2b, so horrible...

THE HORRORS NEVER END!!!!

oh bonus, i also got my hondata s300 from phearable.net today

Old 06-04-2008, 04:30 PM
HCF Member

oh heres a post all of you should read, my list of dont's! and bewares! and things i wish i would have done differently!

DONT:
-buy a venom intake manifold, i repeat, DO NOT, they are such a pain in the *** to make work with everything else. and i installed at a fab/machine shop
-mount a obd1 to an obd2 head if you can help it
-buy piping thats "pre-fit" so many useless bends i wish that werent there
-do your build an hour away from any tuner shop (ordering parts instead of running and getting them is such a waste of time)
-NEVER buy a motor that you did not build yourself, and or have professionally built by a pro shop, i found so much crap that he forgot that i had to deal with later.

BEWARE:
-keeping your a/c and power steering is SUPER awesome, but it makes fitting your turbo / downpipe / dumptube a real problem, just keep that in mind.
-when doing a motor swap / turbo build, your car will be not running for several weeks due to things that went horribly wrong (i dont have a back up car, my gf lives an hour away, needless to say, shes angry for picking me up every weekend lol)
-make sure you tap your oil pan "after" you mount your downpipe, sov told me this but i forgot, now im still trying to figure a way around it, the downpipe is DIRECTLY in my way because of my failure to listen.

Things i wish i would have done DIFFERENTLY!:
-first and mostly, i wish i wouldnt have been in a rush
-secondly, i wish i would have most definately had a beater car to drive
-thirdly, i wish i wouldnt have done it inside the shop where i work every day, make sure you can have it parked somewhere for 2-4 weeks, cuz thats probably will end up happening.
-finally, have patience, i didnt, i spent a lot of money on trying to push things and trying to rig up some crap that in theend i re did because it was so horrible! I.E. Intercooler / piping

thanks for all the help earlier in this thread everyone, im only one part away and 3-5 days of waiting for shipping to being running!

thanks again

-didder

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)