HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:16 AM
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project (Updated page 1! LOOK!)

oh the garage, where optimism is broken and dreams are shattered...

Old 01-23-2008, 04:21 PM
HCF Member

you suck mossy lol

well, pulled the motor, pulled apart the tranny, and tried to assemble some misc stuff on the new block,

IT ALL WENT TO HELL

venom mani was tweaked for the fuel rail bracket, i had teh WRONG headstuds, there was an 1/8" gap between the block and oil pan behind the underdrive pulley, and to top it off, the motor didnt have a dipstick hole!

we put the motor back togeather and the tranny wouldnt shift, tweaked a bracket inside, so we had to pull the s.o.b. again and fix everything, i couldnt even install my lsd because i couldnt get the bearings and speedo gear pressed on without ruining htem and that would take days to order.... so my tranny got torn apart twice, on the bright side, ITS SQUEAKY CLEAN

so we were gonna boost the stock motor and wired up injectors and installed clutch, turns out my compression went from 7% off to 140-160-180-200 in 3 months! i been running so lean my plugs looked like they had salt on them..

so in the end, we pulled a motor reinstalled it, pulled a tranny completely apart twice and installed it twice, and in the end what do i get? besides two broken engine mounts on drivers side?

550cc injectors on a 440cc basemap, and a 500hp action clutch, and a damn clean transmission.

imgonna get the venom mani machined to fit my fuel rail, by the new piece i need for the underdrive pulley (with a dipstick hole), get 10 z6 headstuds, and by my bearings and speedo gear for the lsd and get those pressed on...

i paid my buddies 600 bucks to install a clutch, injectors, fuel pump, ecu, and to clean my transmission.... GREAT WEEK

and to top it all off, i left mossy hanging for like half hour by himself in a mcdonalds parking lot while i was at a tuner shop, lol

good game to me

Old 01-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Recognized HCF Member

damn man, sorry it went so bad. kep truckin though because when the motors in and running you will be happy you stuck with it

Old 02-21-2008, 10:38 PM
HCF Member

Well, since the failed install attempt i became a little frusterated, looked at my build for a VERY long time and added a couple key ingrediants.

updated page 1 to see what else i will be throwing in [8D]

to much dang money spent on this car close to 13 grand now and its still got body work and a paint job coming

20k ek coupe coming at you soon

p.s. Ractivate this dang thread people, i want your advice and criticism, give it to me now! lol... i need to know what your opinons are on how the list looks and what you think i could need.

thx

Old 02-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Snail'n Admin

I think you need to stop worrying about your inactive thread and finish this damn thing

Old 02-24-2008, 07:33 PM

When you get around to doing your LSD the right way, would you mind snapping a few pix along the way to help me out when I do mine? I have ZERO experience inside a tranny and I need all the help I can get.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:18 AM
HCF Member

lol greddy, i got real tired of spending $$$ and my girl friend has decided after 3 years that she HATES the idea of me building a civic, shes all like, "just by an s4" and im all like "its a pride thing now muffin". getting back into things though, just bought a new set of apc m3 mirrors, i think they alright, hope there not to ricey [&:]

and most definately i will kok, it blew my mind the first attempt, its pretty scary..

go find yourself some differential bearings before you install it though, and make sure you have a competant machinest who can salvage the speedo gear after its pressed off your stocker.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Snail'n Admin

ORIGINAL: didder

and most definately i will kok, it blew my mind the first attempt, its pretty scary..
That line made me laugh...meh good luck, keep us updated! Im startin a boost project this week, hopin for 180 to the wheels, but gotta research clutches first. Good luck!

Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
HCF Member

Time for a n/a K-series???
jk you have come too far with the D, keep it up and Good luck
i give anyone who builds a D crazy credit (like bisimoto )
im taking the easy way out and swaping a B-series...

Old 03-21-2008, 09:28 AM
HCF Member

hey greddy, if you lookin at clutches to go with action, my 500hp capable 2md clutch is heavenly, the pedal pressure is not even hard... i suggest the 1md for you, go to garage-life.com and email him and he will hook you up PERFECT.

as for an update, i purchased a high performance oil pump to replace the little bastard that didnt have a dipstick, it claims to put out 30% more than stock so that will be great, also purchased a camber kit, noticed my winter tires are totally rubbed hard on the inside, so that will help out my traction difficulties... also bought a engine stand, so soon as that comes ill throw the new block up on and start installing stuff and post up pictures

bidding on the z6 headstuds, hoping to get them under 90...

btw, if anyone is swapping a d16y8 head onto a d16z6 block and needs head studs give me a hollar ill sell the studs cheap, because i will have 9 y8 and 1 z6 left over and thats what you will need, cuz iwill be using9 z6 and 1 y8 lol...

hope your scared mossy, my little mexican rust bucket is going to eat your red rocket for lunch this spring on the streets of minneapolis [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)