HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 06:00 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project (Updated page 1! LOOK!)

where the airbox used to be if you route your pipint right...

Old 10-20-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

There should also be some room near the firewall on the driver side. Like right:

Name:  catchcanspot.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  60.4 KB

Old 10-20-2007, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

on that side of the firewall is hwere my vac mani is... i guess ill just mount it where my airbox is.. lots of open space there... just have to drill some of my own holes for the mounts i suppose

Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM

dammit didder, get your act together already and install this hog so we can go cruise university. also, i'd recommend getting it tuned at the place i am, DB Performance. their import tuner is shane from Elite, the guy who tuned nates hatch and all the other monsters you've seen around

Old 11-03-2007, 11:32 PM
HCF Member

getting tuned at rs motors, those guys know there **** big time... straight from asia! and can you say free tune? its awesome having friends that work at bad *** shops... if i didnt go there i think i would go to blown motorsports in bloomington, he said hes been re tuning all the other shops around the state for a while now cuz they all suck, but idk, just word of mouth...

and one more thing, nates hatch? i hear it has 650whp??? that is not true is it? lol i see him sitting at porkies but never running, car i always see running is the white sti with the e-cut out, that car is pretty insane.

anyway, update on the install kinda:
installed the dampner, new skunk2's, tcb's, and poly inserts, my buddies '70 chevelle with a 396 doesnt pull on me till i bog out in 2nd lol, so from 0-35ish im launching pretty damn solid,im pumped, this car HOOKS now, its so much nicer than the 130k suspension engine mounts and everything lol.

2 weeks from now clutch / headstuds / turbo install is going down! taking a friday night-whenever i need... mossy hit me up if you wanna help, i pmed you my cell...

Old 11-05-2007, 06:11 PM

actually, *ahem*, its 660hp. but whos counting? i saw his hp on the hp wall of fame at db today. and yes, he does run.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

well guys, the dates set, taking off the whole weekof thanksgiving, and doing it then... wil be boosted by thanksgiving day hopefully making a hopeful 220whp with the setup on 10 psi, might even turn err up and max out the map sensor at 12psi but idk yet, got a fully built motor waiting but people suggested getting used to a little lower boost before jumping into a 320+whp monster lol... so ill be doing all that in the mid to late summer next year, got a lot fo body work to do yet.

and mossy, i konw this indian, Austin vig, drives an m5 right now 450+hp, but he just bought a new 08 z06 vette, and it rapes the m5, and hestwin turboing that s.o.b. gonna be INSANE!

wish i had money like the indians on the rez lol

Old 12-22-2007, 11:47 PM
HCF Member

ahh!! this thing is killing me, sorry no update for so long but i cant make up my mind... and i finally did... this time for real

doing a motor swap, fully built d16 bottom (pistons, block gaurd, bearings, rods, arp headstuds, the usual machine worketc...) and a fully built head, (skunk2 stage 1 cam, ksm springs, retainers, valves, aem cam gear, venom mani, bbk 62mm tb, everything port matched, 3 angle port and polish, resurfaced deck) its 3k and unused and hes letting me pay un interest payments so i have to...

so now only thing i really need is 4-5 days to let me and my mechanic buddy and i guess mossy to do this! gonna tune it until i run out of fuel on rc 550's..

and again, my apologies for the build being so ongoing and pointless, but i do have a complete turbo kit sitting in my garage, im just trying to make the wisest decision on what i truely want the car to be...

and i finally have!

fully built d16, boosted to "hopefully" 300+whp coming your way hcf fans

next post from me will be the progress of the install, and thats it! lol with lots of pictures

Old 12-23-2007, 07:21 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

thats awesome man, just make sure you get a clutch for the tq/hp you will be putting out. i can't wait to see it.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:31 PM
HCF Member

going to be running an action 2md.. sov runs it so i better be fine lol..

hardest part is going to be, having a turbo freshly installed on a new motor and clutch!! how in the F***ing Hell am i going to be able to hold myself back for 500 miles or more.. lol

big question for you all though, my basemap i ordered from phearable is set for 440cc injectors and a stock d16, will it be safe to drive to my tuner with 550cc injectors and a full ported, intaked, tbed, and cammed head? its about a 60 mile drive

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)