HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

well johnny, the turbo setup will be installed in a week or 2, so that can wet your taste buds, cant tell the difference between the engine i have now and the new one anyway, besides the vtec on the valve cover and the kick *** huge crome venom manifold lol,

if he lets me buy it on payment plan, like 500 a month or something then ill buy it now, but i got so much more stuff do put into my car before its ready for 300whp

Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

ohhh this is for rice [8D]heres exactly whats been done to the head, basically everything lol
From my buddy josh:
"hey sorry i didnt get back to you the other day i was driving with a ford gt in the twisties lol but, if you wanted we could work out some sort of payment for it. For the head the machine work includes full bead blast, remachined deck, reconditioned valve guides, 3 angle valve seat job to match new valves, new oil seals, kms valves, kms valve springs, kms hardened keepers, kms titaniam retainers, skunk2 stage 1 cam, minor polish just cleaned up a few burs, for the most part honda heads dont need port and polish, the built to good from the factory lol, one thing i would recomend doing which is pretty easy to do yourself is port match the throtle body to the intake manifold if needed, and the intake manifold to the port and same with your exhaust manifold, you can do this with a dremel. all valve train rated safe to 11k rpm ( though i dont think id try that lol)"

well yea, all i got to really do is match the TB to the IM, and IM with my Exhaust Manifold... what do you think of that head build rice?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:47 PM
Recognized HCF Member

got some good quality parts in it. Are you gonna do the port matching on the manifolds and throttle body opening?

Old 09-12-2007, 01:14 PM
HCF Member

if i got a motor thats fully built i might as well have the ports all matching to get the last little bit of power out of it... what do you reccomend i do? and how hard would it be to do? or how much would it cost to bring my head to someone and have them do it all?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Recognized HCF Member

i can do all that for a pretty cheap price. i will pm you a price shipped back to you

Old 09-14-2007, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

i would just have my buddies brother do it for dirt cheap, he owns a machine shop, pretty sure he knows how to run a dremel...

hes also a gearhead so yea, but pm your price anyway cuz if he doesnt want to do it then ill ship err out to you

-didder

Old 09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project (Updated page 1! LOOK!)

im going to need a new radiator before the swap, but i was wondering if i could get away with just the radiator and skip buying a new fan? will the stock fan im running now work fine for running say 280whp?

Old 10-19-2007, 12:17 AM
HCF Member

im really freakin close to having this build fully complete and its just killing me knowing im so close lol..

my last decision is in the process, and i need all of your help on this one!

its all about the lsd, im going to have around 220whp and EVERYONE is going to want to run me from a dig, cuz htey all know they can take me from a dig, so im beefing up my traction as much as possible, but i cant decide on teh type of lsd

obx lsd or phantom grip... obx is still a 1 wheel wonder, but the phantom grips are freakin duel locking under load, how cool is that? my only concern about the PG is has anyone ever used one? either people say they are way better than the helicals or they say they are junk... i cant decide decisions decisions!

so what do yall think? phantom grip or obx, duel grip, or one wheel wonder, they are both the same price, but i want all your opinions.

and p.s. i dropped buying the fully built motor, figured id make my car actually look nice and drive it around around 220whp... thats plenty enough freakin power and my car looks like trash, so i figure, body work / paint / cf accents > 3k motor and 100 more whp lol

Old 10-19-2007, 05:49 AM
Cat Fuсker

Get an OBX LSD and cryotreat the internals for like $50...DO NOT get a phantom grip POS unless you like **** floating around your transmission..

Old 10-20-2007, 01:06 AM
HCF Member

alright alright alright, not going with an lsd, the tcb, suspension, engine mounts, and engine dampner should be enough to keep the wheels from spinnign through 3rd...

BUILD IS $50 DOLLARS FROM COMPLETION::: just need plugs, hoses, and bolts... the turbo timer can come later

just ordered my suspension, inserts, and tcb bars today, they will be coming within the next 2 weeks... the install will go as follows

nrg engine dampner
skunk2's
tcb's
inserts
clutch (break it in for 500 miles)
headstuds
whole big 'ol turbo kit (yuck)
catch can

where in heck do you install catch cans at? i got no room whatsoever in my engine bay, and ill have less after turbo, the things not small like 10x4" tube and i got no idea... any suggestions would be FANTASTIC

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)