HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: DiDDeR's D-Series Turbo Project

nahh, i just emails him my:

-engine (d16y8)
-turbo size / brand
-psi im running
-intercooler diameter
-dumptube, cat size, and exhaust brand / diameter
-lol i even told him the brand of my air filter (aem)
-and the octane id be running (92)

with all that he should be able to almost tune my car lol, well see just how good he really is

Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

that sounds great man, let us know how it turns out

Old 08-14-2007, 03:08 PM
HCF Member

^Good for a basemap, but I wouldnt let the motor see much boost. Id start it up after the install, then drive it to the tuner, TRYING to stay out of boost....Then let the tuner to it with the wideband and dyno. Spending all that $ on the setup and cheaping out on the tune is like drinking cheap booze in a PIMP CUP!

Old 08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

lol, i was getting a pro basemap just to cut the cost of the tune down. i wouldnt ever imagine cheaping out on the most important part

Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Pete
Spending all that $ on the setup and cheaping out on the tune is like drinking cheap booze in a PIMP CUP!
welcome to the sig

Old 08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Recognized HCF Member

its way true though^^^ i damn near blew up the b7 with sh*tty management and poor tuning

Old 08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
HCF Member

omgadvice needed, i bought a glowshift (ebay) sandwhich adaptor to plug in my oil pressure gauge and oil line kit into, when i installed it to hook up the gauge it fine, until i started the car and let the pressure build up where it drained a quart and a half of oil within 20 miles!!

now the sandwhich adaptor has a gasket on the block side, and just a flat smoothe surface on the other, sov said i would need to put some honda bond on the flat surface so that the oil filter can seal better... buthow come the oil filter would seal to the block with only one gasket and not the sandwhich adaptor?

see the picture for referance, smoothe aluminum surface where the oil filter sits, and there is a gasket on the bottom

this is how it works

any advice or would going with the honda bond and giving it kind of a 2way gakset be enough??

problems before i even get to the real install!!! lol

p.s. i got my arm stuck in my car for 20 minutes trying to screw the wire onto the sensor, god im dumb, i was to stupid to do it before and to lazy to take it off, thought i was gonna dislocate my elbow..

GOOD TIMES!

Old 08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
HCF Member

more questions, think my thread died but i might as well keep posting lol

where can i find the male bracket that fits inside of the engine side of the catylitic converter???? auto stores dont carry any, and i cant find any online?

does anyone know where i can find one of these?

Old 08-20-2007, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

ok so heres what i came up with finally tell me if you all think that it will work

heres the male fitting that will insert into the cat:

i will weld the flange above to this flange so that i can bolt the downpipe to the cat:

one more thing, the bolt flange, would that work on a stock honda cat? my cats got the same bolt pattern as my old stock one but i just wanna make sure that thats what this is

thx everyone

Old 08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

man i hate little **** like this that screws with ur build forever if it was me id just say **** it and buy a new hi flow car lol like when i was puttin my z6 back together i got screwed over for nearly a week cause i was missin one flywheel bolt and nowhere had one finally found it in a box in the trunk

Quick Reply: DiDDeRs D-Series Turbo Project (pics page 23)