HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

Props on avoiding the back end of the minivan! hitting a bunch of bushes is so much better

Oh and uhhh.....DIY FTW!!!

Last edited by Superfly; 06-24-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:05 AM

So, I am bored and out of money at the moment, so I decided to put the turbo kit together and test the fitment. Here are some pics....

^In process of selling it all now^

Close up of the fun stuff!

^In process of selling it all now^

I will be ditching all the couplers I have now since some are cracked and worn, and I need a total of seven 2 1/4'' t bolt clamps as I will not be using hose clamps. Updated my want to buy list on the first page. I will be making a trip to my local Home depot when I can to grab new couplers. Hopefully they have some in black, I really don't care for the "universal" blue couplers that are sold on ebay etc etc.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:33 AM

I really hate to say this, but, I must sell the turbo kit and try to go another route with the car (in the future).

Trust me, I do not want to do this (I'm getting all choked up inside just typing this), but my car currently looks like **** with the broken front bumper, bent up fender, and dents behind the driver door. Also, I do have a kid (full time dad of a 3 year old), and I want to spend a ton more time with him and go places with him, and not worry about being broke because of a turbo project. It is really making me start to feel like a sh!tty parent/person etc etc.....not to mention the stress of having the CC bill hanging over my head.

Another reason is that I have no "Plan B" if anything should happen to the motor. Let's say I go ahead and buy the rest of the parts (another $1000 I would be on the credit card bill), install it, and end up spinning a bearing within the first month or two.... what the hell am I going to do??? No back up car, and no, I cannot get rides from my mom/step-dad, and I'll end up spending even more money on the car and be even more in debt.

I apologize for a huge rant, but I have realized that now is not the time for me with this type of thing. At this time, I will sell everything from the kit that I can, get rid of my CC bill, and clean up the outside of the car. I will make a thread in the FS section soon. I will be keeping things like the y7 oil pan, and walbro fuel pump. Also, I want you guys to know that you all have first priority when it comes to buying the parts since I feel that this is a great site!

This is not the end of my project as I plan to fix the exterior, do the rear disc brakes, get some wheels,do some suspension work, and save for a possible motor swap (maybe b18c1) in the future. I am off to make my FS thread!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well it maybe hard to hear BUT your thinking of the complete project which is good. family first.

now sell my the Y7oilpan.LOL mines got a big dent in it

Old 06-26-2009, 01:44 PM
HCF Member

aww i want the walbro 255. I'll take the resistor box

Old 06-26-2009, 02:34 PM

I appreciate the support addiction2bass. I had an hour long phone conversation with my tuner buddy about how I felt about this whole thing, and he agreed with me. I have been feeling like I should put an end to the money.... -whoops-....I meant...turbo project for the past 2-3 weeks.

Addiction - I am keeping the y7 pan as mine is leaking. I replaced the gasket, but no dice. It still leaks. So I will use the pan with another new gasket and hope it works.

Croninc - I am keeping my walbro actually. I hate when the stock pump makes the car hard to start when there isn't much gas in the tank. The walbro eliminated that. I actually have two resistor boxes. I am selling one (the one painted) as a "set" with the RC 750's/OBD1 clips. The other I can sell to you for $15 shipped (since shipping to PA to CA would be a little pricey, even something that small). PM me if you're interested and I'll try to snap some pics tonight for reference.

*** I will update this project thread tonight/tomorrow, and hope to have the FS thread done by the end of the night.***

Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Recognized HCF Member

if its leaking just use some honda bond on it... when i did my 94civics oil pan i covered the whole gasket top and bottom with the honda bond before i put it on. sealed great. most likely your pan is just slightly bent on the flanges and really a simply wooden block and hammer could straighten it out perfectly. but the honda bond or other sealer on the gasket should be enough.

but if you want to sell your Y8 pan id take it also whats the main difference just the Y7 is steel and Y8 is aluminum?
mines just got a big dent in it that i dont like the looks of.

Name:  DXtoEXexhaust021.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  99.9 KB

Old 06-26-2009, 03:26 PM
HCF Member

Gotta give you props for manning up and putting family first. My respect definitely just went up for you

Turbos are overrated anyways, suspension FTW

Old 06-26-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Superfly
Turbos are overrated anyways, suspension FTW
Thanks superfly... Although I do not think turbos are overrated...lol

Addiction, I'll end up using honda-bond on the new as well. I have no problem selling you my y8 pan if you want it. You'll just have to give me some time to remove it and all. Hopefully I will be doing that with my next oil change (soon). I'll PM you when I get all of this situated.
Yes, the only difference between the y7 and y8 is that the y7 is steel, and the y8 is aluminum.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya its no rush for me. mines not hitting anything just cosmetics
i just dont know why people with turbos use the Y7 pans.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)