HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
March 2010 ROTM

It will add to a sleeper look, but I think its safe to say the "PFFFT" will give it away haha.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL o just put a silencer on it then ya got a sleeper.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by plethoric33
It will add to a sleeper look, but I think its safe to say the "PFFFT" will give it away haha.
Hopefully, the BOVwill be more of a "whoooooosh!" and not a "psssht!" lol

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
LOL o just put a silencer on it then ya got a sleeper.
Or if I wanted to have fun, I could have the WG dumptube go right into the exhaust dp, and have the BOV recirculated. I think that would be the quietest turbo setup. Either way, the lower the profile is, the better.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:27 PM

Ok, so here is a mini update. My turbonetics log mani will be here on Thursday (or so the guy says). It has been 10 days since I paid him and he has yet to answer my PMs about a tracking number. So, I decide ten days was enough, and I went ahead and filed a Paypal dispute with him (today). I PM'd him once more and noted ALL of his FS threads within Honda-tech about this issue we are in the middle of. Well, what do ya know.... three hours after m e filing the paypal dispute, and noting his FS threads, I finally get a PM from him..... Something along the lines of a shipping error etc and he didn't answer my PM from before because he thought it would be here by now... yadda yadda..

All in all, I got my UPS tracking number, and he is telling me that the Shipment should arrive on Thursday. Let's keep our fingers crossed that he actually does send me the manifold.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya well just dont cancel that claim until you get it! because you cannt reopen the claim! good luck!

Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM

Last night I had to drive to Wayne, PA (about 20 mintues away) to pick up a Little Tikes basketball set up as a gift for my son's third birthday which is coming up in about a week. I was meeting up with an Asian lady (I could tell by her voice/accent) who was selling a brand new one via Craigslist. While driving there at 10pm, I realized I had no cash on me. Found a local Wawa with my GPS, pulled in and took out $30... no big deal. Now I am driving around, looking for this house. Couldn't find it. Although, my GPS is telling me I am at the right place. I called the lady about her address to make sure it was right and if she could help me a little with exactly where her apartment complex was. Unfortunately, she was Asian, moving back to wherever in a week, and could only speak about 10 words of English. All she kept saying was her address and that she lives near a K-mart and Acme... the closest Acme/K-mart from my location was over 12 miles away... ugh. Needless to say, I just ended up saying "screw it" and went home. While driving home, I guess construction was being done on this road (Sugartown Road to be exact), but signs were not set-up..... only a small orange cone on the right side of the street. Well, next thing I know, I end up hitting a 6-7inch cone shaped "curb" in the middle of the road. The whole car jumped up and down and I was sure something got f***ed up seeing as I am about 7inches off the ground. Didn't see anything or feel anything wrong with the steering/suspension/exhaust etc etc, I decided to continue. I got home and went to bed frustrated that I wasted gas and possibly screwed my suspension/exhaust. Today, I looked under my car and found this....
Name:  Carnagefrom6101.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  73.3 KB
Name:  Carnagefrom6102.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  78.5 KB

Thankfully, only the Ebay test pipe ("cat") was ruined. I saw the cat, and immediately thought my wideband was screwed (I don't know why now that I am looking at the pictures again). After thinking about how much I failed.... I realized it was not that bad. I am just going to have the 2.5'' downpipe I ordered lengthened, another o2 bung added, and able to be bolted up to the B pipe directly. Not one scratch on anything else... I was shocked. Oh and BTW, the lady E-mailed me today telling me that she gave me the wrong address and zipcode. Ugh...
/rant

Well the guy came through with the manifold. Here are some pics! I wish I had the extra money to go and get this powdercoated, but the local shop wants something like $60 for the powdercoat. I have to go out and buy some studs in order to bolt up the turbo. I'll post up some new pics as soon as get the manifold painted, the turbo and the wastegate bolted up!

A buddy of mine said he would would help me with using extreme high temp paint and curing it in the oven. I hope it works out!

^In process of selling it all now^

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well the good thing is you can ALWAYS just remove the manifold at a later time and get it powdered

Old 06-11-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by addiction2bass
well the good thing is you can ALWAYS just remove the manifold at a later time and get it powdered
I know, but the paint will have to be horrible looking and I will have to have extra money in order for me to get off my lazy butt and get it powdercoated. I would also be looking at a 2-3 day down time while waiting for the powdercoating to be done.

If I am forced to have downtime, I might as well save up $$$ and get my valve cover, charge piping, and Intake Manifold powdercoated the same color at the same time.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM

I was surprised to get the mail today! The guy who I bought this off of said it would be here on Thursday (6/18), well, I guess it's just a little early. He even threw in the remainder of his exhaust wrap (like 25ft) and some metal zip ties.

^In process of selling it all now^

Ordered my oil sandwich and a few t-bolt clamps which should arrive within a week. I will also be ordering my clutch within the next few days. I have decided I will be going with a stage 3 kevlar backed clutch with a 9 or 10lb chromoly flywheel.

ugh... this project is starting to get a little on the expensive side. lol

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM
HCF Member

lol looking good, i think the manifold will look fine after you paint it.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)