HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:13 AM

Oooook everyone.. I think I finally nailed down what I will be rockin' in the Civic. I found a guy in Florida who is selling a Turbonetics t3/t4 turbo, no shaft play, only used for about 1000 miles, .52 a/r on the cold side & .48 a/r on the exhaust side. He was only getting rid of it because it was too small for his b16. Perfect for me! woot woot!

I feel like I am so close to having all the pieces I need to install the turbo kit, but when I really think about it, I'm am only about 60% there. Still need a clutch, gauges, oil lines, down pipe, and manifold. Now, off to continue my search for more parts!

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:28 PM

My paypal claim was finally resolved, three weeks after payment and not ONE email from the seller, I received my resistor box. I started to clean all the oil/dirt off of it and came out to be this ugly stained darkened gray color, yuck! I have decided it is to be painted semi gloss black, just as the rest of my bay is painted.

Pics tonight of all my progress!

Old 05-30-2009, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

pictures pictures pictures lol. I still want to see the charging pipe all painted.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:56 PM

Allllright! Picture time!
Here is the charge piping all painted gloss black. i am debating whether or not to attempt to paint the BOV to match. The BOV is a Greddy RS replica. If I screw up the paint or anything, it's not like it's a real Greddy piece.

^In process of selling it all now^

Tial! Woot! There is a 7lb spring in this guy right here. So I guess at least 7lbs of boost it is!

I know it isn't a big deal, but here is the resistor box. I figured I would post up a pic before and after painting. The below is obviously before paint. It will be painted semi gloss black.

And last but not least, my new Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump. It is ALOT smaller than I thought it would be.

I'll try and snap a few pics of where I put the Greddy Turbo timer, and the new temporary spot for the AEM Uego tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM

More pictures!
Newly painted Resistor box.

I decided to move the UEGO gauge down into the center console, mainly just for fun, and I wired up my Greddy Turbo Timer. This was all done about 3 weeks ago.
Head-on shot:

^In process of selling the Greddy Turbo Timer now^
Passenger side shot:

^In process of selling the Greddy Turbo Timer now^

Edit* Now that I am looking at the pics, I wish I cleaned up my interior a little, well, at least I could have wiped the pollen/dust off the UEGO. lol

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 06-26-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 AM

In went the Walbro Fuel Pump! It was my first time doing a fuel pump change, but armed with my Haynes manual/ and Walbro Installation manual, it took about 1 hour. The install went extremely smooth with no issues whatsoever.

In other news, I ripped out all my wiring for the citi lights, and fogs. I don't want wires just hanging out everywhere, so I plan on re-wiring when I can. I really don't think the fog lights and brackets will be able to be used once the Intercooler/charge piping is installed based on how deep the bracket and light assembly go into the bumper. Next up, installing the injectors/resistor box!

Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM

Turbo should be here tomorrow! woot woot! T3 Log manifold was ordered yesterday!

I cleaned up my engine bay today since I was bored and had nothing else to do. lol I also finished straightening all the fins on my intercooler. It should be painted by the end of the week.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Is this your daily driver?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM

^^Yessir, it is

Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

I thought the same thing when I saw the fuel pump. Its just a baby lol especially compared to what it replaces.

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)