HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 AM

What's the power goal? Those injectors are huge.

Looking good though.

That's a great price on the brakes.

Old 05-16-2009, 05:46 AM

I am shooting for 200whp right now. I thought the injectors would be too big, but my tuner recommended them as he can just tune them down. My buddy who will be getting the brake components owes me about $1500 (he doesn't have a credit card to buy his car stuff, and pays me cash), so I'll end up having him deduct the cost of the brakes etc from that.

Turbo update! Found a guy about 35 minutes away with a rebuilt turbo from a K20 Greddy kit (a little bigger than the tdo4h 15g) for $400. 0 miles since the rebuild. The best part is that I am told that the Greddy Mani and elbow I have will bolt right up! I'm going to go check it out this weekend.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:15 PM

Ugh, the guy with the greddy turbo from the k20 stated that the entire kit already sold. Damn!

Good news, I found someone in Fogelsville (about an hour and 15 minutes away) that has a basically brand new 18G Greddy turbo, from the B series kit, for $450. I am hoping I can talk him down a little if I drive out there and all. Hopefully, something will happen this weekend!

Received my 40/40 prop valve yesterday! woot woot! Should be getting my new OEM rotors, ceramic pads, and OEM trailing arm bushings installed onto the rear disc set up by the end of next week. In addition, I will be replacing the front rotors, and pads, too.

About a week ago I filed a dispute through paypal with this guy on eBay who sold me a resistor box about 2 weeks ago. Never heard from him nor did I receive the item itself. I will be upgrading this to a Paypal claim (or whatever it is called) within the next couple days.

Lastly, I finally sold my DC header!! Someone in CA paid to have it shipped there. It cost exactly $61.19 to get that over there via UPS Ground. Ridiculous price, but hey, he paid for it.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-21-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:29 AM

I have decided to sell all the Greddy parts, and start over with a new turbo set-up. Once I acquire the new turbo, I'll be updating this project thread.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 AM

Greddy parts sold. Here's my turbo update! Just picked up a Garrett 50 trim turbo that was used for only 100 miles since a rebuild. Coming along with it is a downpipe which will bolt up to the exhaust housing. Also, I bought a new greddy oil sandwich adapter and new ARP extended wheels studs!

Pics of the installed turbo timer, painted charge piping, fixed intercooler, turbo,wastegate/dumptube, downpipe, sandwich plate, wheels studs, and installed rear disc assembly by Monday (6/2/09)... I promise.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-26-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM

Well this guy with the Garrett 50 trim basically fell through. He was parting out the kit while it was still on the car. He said it had a rebuild about 150 miles ago, and now he is returning the car back to stock and selling it.

I paypal'd the money to him, 3 days later he PM'd me saying that there was minor in & out as well as side to side shaft play in the turbo. I know, I know, at least he told me instead of just shipping it and making me deal with a paypal dispute. However, I just told him to keep the turbo, dp, greddy oil sandwich, and ARP extended wheels studs and to refund me in full.

I am grateful that he gave me a heads up, but it's depressing news. I was so excited about this turbo, and then this happens. Back to the drawing board I guess.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 PM
HCF Member

thats so lame, did you ask him before you sent the money if it had shaft play?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM

^^ Of course. He said no shaft play, I assume he was guessing no play since it was rebuilt only 150 miles ago. So I am thinking either that the mileage since the recent rebuild is incorrect, the person who rebuilt it didn't do it right, or he himself rebuilt it but never got it balanced correctly.

Definitely not saying he was lying about the rebuild, but I don't need more disappointment later down the road just in case there is something really wrong with the turbo.

I just got a PM from him (clubcivic.com), he said he will be refunding me in full by the end of the day. I hope all of this goes smoothly. He has been very responsive to everything I have asked, and really never gave me any **** for wanting my money back. Good seller overall though.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

thats good atleast, im looking at a killer deal right now on a kit. $550 for a full kit, if everything goes to plan I should have it by mon. or tues.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Got any info on it? That sounds like a good deal. What would you be tuning with?

Quick Reply: Cvcrcr's 99 Civic EX project (Turbo.. woohoo!!)