HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Camiguel's 98 4dr Civic

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

Bah k series is for those with money to waste! A budget swapped K20 Del Sol was done on here in the project section, has some tranny problems right now but was done and in for like $3k. K series are terrible motors when not taken care of (see em every day... work at Acura) and the trannys suck. But they can make insane power, friend by me has a k24/k20 hybrid ek hatch and it is just ridiculous fast, when he has all 6 gears though. Typical 2nd gear grind is a killer lol. I love h22's, which is what my street/strip built hatch will have. Will be built all motor intially, costs a lot cheaper to have it in the car and can be fully built for the price of a stock k20, just don't have that baller status backwards spinning motor sitting in the bay. B series is nice too, just too common for me and no torque. Selling my b16 this week ftw.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:48 AM

K series is sexy and has ALOT of potential, but IMO, not worth it once you price everything out. I am with Scott on this one, I am a fan of h22's. I cannot wait till mine is up and running.

EDIT: Still want to see the bumper off your car to see how you mounted those horns! oooh and a sound clip!

Old 08-02-2011, 06:43 AM
HCF Member

Like I said fellas nothing is in stone yet Im just roughing out ideas and wont actually put my money into anything until I have a complete understanding of what could happen and what I would need to get it done.

I like the D-series cuz its different, but does not have much potential and requires crap loads of money, b-series is way, way, wayyyyyyyy too common with civics but is been proven, and the K swap is teh zex, lol but can have problems... ughhh Ill try to figure something out by then haha

On the airhorn note, the mounts that were included sucked *** so I went ahead and went with the universal mounts (zip ties lol) Ill try to get a picture and sound clip of that today for you.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:33 PM
HCF Member

Alright no pictures of the mounts because it was too dark to get a picture that was worth posting, but I did get a video.

The first horn is my air horn, the second is the stock CRV horn (basically two of our horns)

‪Cams car horn‬‏ - YouTube

I believe Im gonna do the sway bars and ASR subframe next, and that will be followed by interior. For interior I'm thinking of going with red type r carpet and floor mats, black everything else (probably wrap most of it in micro suede and paint the rest of it) with red bride seats and a takata harness. Sound good? Oh and a type r cluster, I know the SI is pretty much the same but I like the km/hr and the little type r badge.

Suggestions?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the clip! I will eventually grab some nice horns I am sure of it. I hate the stock one.

Interior plans sound good. I wanted a CTR cluster badly, but never wanted to pay the prices people were asking. Someone on ebay sold me one for $200 shipped and then backed out saying he sold it locally and forgot to take the listing down. I ended up finding a SI cluster for $150 locally.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, hopefully i can get the sway bars and subframe brace by next week with the next paycheck and then start collecting the pieces for interior.

Im thinking of getting a cage for the takata harnesses (and just cuz they are teh sexiest thing EVA), I know it would be kinda ricey since i have the stock engine for now... but when its all done its gonna EPIC

Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 PM
HCF Member

Just get a harness bar. I don't think you realize how much of an expense putting a cage in for aesthetic reasons is. Having a cage welded in right is not cheap at all.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 AM
HCF Member

I realize that it is alot of money to have it welded in there and welded correctly but its something that i think is very cool looking and just kind of a cool thing to have

Plus it ads a lot of protection to the car in case anything ever happens

Old 08-04-2011, 08:48 AM
HCF Member

Idk I just can't see spending over $1000 to have something put in for looks that ijt needed. Unless it is a bolt in cage it is just a waste. And for daily driving cages aren't the best idea, it can make crashes worse actually, you have a high chance of banging your head on a support. But if you feel it's worth the money go for it, odds are you'll get shot for something so unnecessary because we know your car Isn't running under 10 or a track car. Call some shops and get a quote on like an 8 point cage and see if you still want it.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM
HCF Member

lol... please don't get a roll bar until your car is seeing 10 second 1/4 mile passes. if you MUST have the takata harnesses (again, for baller status) then just get a harness bar like already mentioned.

and why all the hate for b-series? I know they've been done a million times... but its because they're easy! a b16 won't make much torque, but a b18b will! its not a torque monster like the H22, but at least you can turbo it without having to sleeve the damn thing!

I've been reading alot on K swaps. they seem nice, but the trannies have scared me off. People are seeing busted gears after as little as TWO track passes. I'm with Scott and CVCRCR, if you want good 200+hp like the K has, just go the H route. Sure, you've gotta fab up a custom bracket to run power steering. Sure, you've gotta bang on the frame rail to get it to fit right. Sure, you've gotta prop your hood up. And SURE, if you boost it, you'll bust your ringlands or blow your tranny after 300hp.... but I'd still rather have the all-motor reliability over that of the K.

Engine stuff aside, your sedan looks great! I dig the white rims. Keep it clean man! Seeing a nice clean sedan build like this sometimes makes me wish I had gotten a 4 door rather than a hatch...

Quick Reply: Camiguel's 98 4dr Civic