HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
HCF Member

I would also point on top of that, Greddy had many more options due to the year of his car. Me on the other hand, there is basically no support for the 8th gen yet. The r18 is just too new still and gets overlooked do to the k20. But in the future it will be more easy to piece a kit together for the 8th gen.

What gen is yours greddy?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Snail'n Admin

6th, and like you said, it is still pretty new with not a lot of aftermarket support. You should also note that your warranty is probably voided

Old 09-02-2008, 05:14 PM
HCF Member

Lol, yeah. Kinda sad I no longer have a warranty at only 9000 miles. But who cares? The way I see it, it is a honda and I wouldn't have used the warranty anyway if I had left it stock. Plus I can do the maintenance and repairs myself. And this time next year I'll have lots of money so it won't really matter. I'll be buying a more expensive car to mess with.

Old 09-02-2008, 05:40 PM
Snail'n Admin

Yea surprisingly i dont see problems with the r18s. I work at honda and see problems iwth the k20 trannys and the hybrid motors, electrical and combustion

Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 PM
HCF Member

That's good to know I can breath a sigh of relief. But have you seen any boosted r18's come in? Hopefully i dont' kill the engine.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
HCF Member

jus went thru all the pages. congrats on the install. can't wait to see ur numbers after the tune.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
HCF Member

Thanks! I can't wait either. It's killing me being 160 miles from my car right now. But Monday will be here in no time. Then I will be tearing up the place. I'm thinking the next mod will coil-over spring/shocks. The car lifts up with just a little throttle. I need to tighten it down and lower or I will be all over the place.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 AM
HCF Member

definatly lower it. are you gonna keep the stock wheels for the sleeper look? You should try and set up a race and get vid, bettween you and an 08' SI and not tell em' its boosted then enjoy the look on they're face as they get walked by an lx. lol or is yours an ex?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Snail'n Admin

if you get any wheels, get the 8th gen EX wheels, look pretty sweet IMO, and yes, there was a guy on here with the tsi kit that had a lot of problems with tuning

Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 AM
HCF Member

I'm going to keep stock wheels for now. I'de rather upgrade some other things when I get the money, like suspension. Also I'de like to ge the NST pulley kit. Pllus the sleeper factors is pretty cool. Granted my headlights and tail lights aren't stock, and you can see the intercooler in the grill. But you can't see all that from the side I suppose.

I don't think I'll have problems tuning it. They got all those probs fixed on the first few people that did the kit. There are lot of them on 8thcivic.com that are running great now. It had to do with teh version of the AEM FIC software they were running. Now there is newer better software. And they couldn't even get them running on the base maps. Mine runs, just not that great. So i'm optimistic I will be running great on Monday.

Quick Reply: Apostle's R18 Turbo Charged 08' Civic LX