HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

Apoplectic1's EX Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:28 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by N0safebetdx
Please don't rice it out.... Simple and clean remember that NO bookshelf wing!!!
Hell no, no spoilers, no lambo doors, and no dropping it so its 1" off the ground. I just think some altezza lights would make this a smooth looking ride.

EDIT: Why did 4 posts pop up from 2 hrs ago? They weren't there when I made my last post. My computer's a bit laggy, but not that far gone =/.

Last edited by apoplectic1; 05-17-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: weird
Old 05-17-2010, 07:30 AM
shawty

Altezza are poop....

Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM
HCF Member

^Im pretty sure they're made of plastic, metallic paint and glass maybe. Not quite sure how a Altezza made from poop would go over.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 AM
HCF Member

I'm thinking something like this for the tailights:

I want something with a black background instead of chrome. Chrome altezza's do look like poopy on Civic's

Old 05-17-2010, 09:17 AM
shawty

Use the Edit button

and are you blind?

I mean Ray Charles can see Altezzas look poopy on civics.

End of story.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Dude, i give up...let him do whatever he wants guys...just dont tell other people to do the same thing that ur doing cause its gonna look bad. It gets old hearing the "its your car do whatever u want to it" line on every other one of ur posts too btw. Just saying, sorry im not trying to be a d!ck.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by apoplectic1
Hell no, no spoilers, no lambo doors, and no dropping it so its 1" off the ground. I just think some altezza lights would make this a smooth looking ride.
What's wrong with modding the suspension? Anything that improves the quality of the ride, or the driving experience in general is worth it. Lowered cars not only look better (as in, not looking like a 4x4), but also handle better (given the correct spring rates etc etc etc).

Originally Posted by Kenny-g (Cx to HxS)
Dude, i give up...let him do whatever he wants guys...just dont tell other people to do the same thing that ur doing cause its gonna look bad.
This... although it is technically an opinion towards the end.

Apoplectic1, do whatever you want to the car, it's your choice. However, if you install altezzas and the like and come up here and ask us for opinions (that's the key phrase), make sure you come prepared with a flame retardant suit on. If you come in here and say "Look, this is what I installed.", and that's it, not one person has the right to bash you (personally) for it. However, you will probably see some mixed opinions about like "Ew", or "Do not like." etc etc, which is expected as this is a public forum.

Did you ever get the exhaust dealt with, or the interior (seat) fixed/replaced? If not, I would highly suggest working towards those first. Integra seats will bolt right in (a total of 4 bolts each) and will run you anywhere from $60 (cloth) to $200 (leather). I would go with some dark grey cloth seats IMO.

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 05-17-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
What's wrong with modding the suspension? Anything that improves the quality of the ride, or the driving experience in general is worth it. Lowered cars not only look better (as in, not looking like a 4x4), but also handle better (given the correct spring rates etc etc etc).
Nothing is wrong with modding the suspension, I like civics dropped a bit, but to the point where you're scared of speedbumps is ricey.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
HCF Member

just do it man you have to go through that ricer stage once before you notice that its not the best way to mod the car, not clean at all. lol. I once was in my ricer stage in high school when i first bought my car. pics to prove it. and yes thats an ebay muffler. it was surprisingly quiet with the silencer on when its off its loud and obnoxious as fck

Name:  DSC00050.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  51.7 KB

Nothing is wrong with modding the suspension, I like civics dropped a bit, but to the point where you're scared of speedbumps is ricey.
nothing ricey about that at all. lots of speedbumps where i live i just cleared most of them with my tein s-techs. Drive slowly through them and slant the car if you need to. no problem for me at all

Old 05-17-2010, 02:21 PM

but to the point where you're scared of speedbumps is ricey.
I have a 1.8" drop and I dread speed bumps.

Point?

Quick Reply: Apoplectic1's EX Project