HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

**1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
HCF Member

Got the coilover springs, installed the shocks and struts and also fixed a minor problem with one of my parking lights. I'll put pictures up later. As for the ride quality of the shocks, they aren't bad at all. Only thing I've noticed was when I changed my oil the other day and accidently let the car down too fast my rear passenger side spring seems a little squeaky so one day soon im going to jack it up take the spring out and see whats going on, other then that everythings fine and I'm not minding the ride quality at all. Pictures will be up sometime. lmao

Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Hmmm not gonna lie, for 17's those look okay on ur car. I've always wanted a red EK sedan so I'm interested in this build to see where you end up These guys are giving VERY good directions on where you should go with ur ride and so far you're listening (minus the tails and interior led's )...IMO I think you should slam this as low as possible with the wheels you have and roll ur fends (almost hellaflush style). That might work with ur sespension you got now but at the same time it might blow im not a Honda tech by any means so I aint completely sure lol keep up the work, you're off to a great start

P.S. you thinkin about a front and rear lip anytime soon? Theyre cheap and always look good

Old 03-09-2011, 05:34 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Hmmm not gonna lie, for 17's those look okay on ur car. I've always wanted a red EK sedan so I'm interested in this build to see where you end up These guys are giving VERY good directions on where you should go with ur ride and so far you're listening (minus the tails and interior led's )...IMO I think you should slam this as low as possible with the wheels you have and roll ur fends (almost hellaflush style). That might work with ur sespension you got now but at the same time it might blow im not a Honda tech by any means so I aint completely sure lol keep up the work, you're off to a great start

P.S. you thinkin about a front and rear lip anytime soon? Theyre cheap and always look good
I actually went down to 16's. I know they are very helpful, I'm trying to take alot of their advice, but at the same time I don't want to be building a car for someone else, but for me. Lol. I thought about dropping it all the way down and rolling my fenders, maybe in the future but for right now I'm riding on a 1.5" drop. (: I'm liking it other then that squeaking. And I've thought about a lip, front and rear, but then I want a side skirt because i hate how they look from the side sometimes, I might look at a subtle lip, that doesn't show much of a change from the side but from the front. Right now I'm focusing on getting my car ready for paint and getting new parts for the interior, OEM of course. I'm also working on getting a EVO catback and b18 b cheap (:

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

Ok so it's been a few months since I've posted. I've got quite a number of updates.

Pictures will be up in a few days or so. And if I post anything that has already been done sorry, it's been a while. lol

Ok so I decided to take the stock lx wing off. I bondo'ed the holes and sanded and primed the top part of the trunk. So now it's smooth.

I got new brake pads, rotors, and what not, havent installed them because I didnt need them just had extra money and bought them so i wouldn't have to buy them later.

I got a new rear bumper which I've already installed, all the clips came with it except the side ones. (There's one on each side)

I got my fenders and installed them, but then hit a deer at 3am, no major damage. I pulled what I could out of the dent and then tried using a hammer to get the rest out,
looks ok other then little ding marks lol.

I got a new oem hood. Installed it.

Ok now comes the major things I've got or that are gonna be here in the next week.

I bought a z6 head off of an old friend and rebuilt it. Now i sent it to my current friend that helps me with my honda and he is doing labor free triple angle valve job, port and polish, and anything else to get some extra hp out of it. I plan on rebuilding the bottom end soon, just havent bought the parts yet. I'm sorta at a dead spot after the head is done and the bottom is rebuilt because I'm not completely sure what else it needs. I've done some research on the timing belt, dizzy, ecu, etc. From the research i think that the y7 timing belt is going to be ok. I need 5y7 head studs and 1 z6 head stud. the dizzy, wires, etc have to be z6. And i have to do an obd2-obd1 conversion because the z6 came off of a 95 si. Am I missing anything or is anything i said wrong? if so please explain i really need help lol.

Remember my ugly old grey front bumper? Well I'm getting rid of it for a 99-00 front bumper. (: I bought it yesterday should be here in 3-7 business days.

Along with the front bumper I bought some jdm fog lights. Not the yellow ones but I get the clear ones (: I don't like the yellow and I got a plan to make the fogs hid 5k too (:

With the hids being mentioned I also bough some bi-xenon hids. I had to make sure they were 5k and that they were for hi & lo beam. I don't want a set of those gay single beam hids lol.

So with all that said I hope that I can spark some conversation and interest in my project yet again. lol The bumper, hids, and fogs should be here in 3-7 business days. I can't wait!! (:

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 AM

So you are doing a SOHC build now? If so, I have a Z6 Toga Oil pump and some D16 shotpeened rods with ARP rod bolts installed. I should also have a set of ARP from a z6 which you can take one from to do the install, too.

I dont think the y7 timing belt will work. Otherwise, everything else sounds fine.

For the 99 bumper, did you buy new headlights/fenders/hood/grille to complete the 99-00 conversion? j/w

Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 AM
HCF Member

Yup SOHC vtec z6 mini onto a d16y7 block. How much for the pump? And arp bolts? And i've done some research with the timing belt and its between the y7 and z6 of course but i think the y7 is the right one because they both have 104 teeth so it will work with the z6 head but remember im keeping the y7 block so i think the y7 timing belt would be the right one. And I got new fenders, headlights, hood and an si grille already on. For 96-00 so it should work. (: Everyone I ride with says how i have the whole 99-00 swap other then the front bumper so it'll fit. Ill post some pics up.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 AM
HCF Member

Oh and I forgot to mention I got a little muffler put on for now. I like it. Not loud and it has a deep hum.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:10 AM

Research the front end swap. All the parts are different. I guarantee it.

Pump $125 shipped. Rods/bolts $125 shipped. I will do both for $225 shipped. I will not separate the rods and bolts.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

I think he's saying that he has the '99-'00 fenders, headlights, grille, and hood CV...right Joe Nash? I'm confused lol

Hope this works out man I can't wait for this thread to start picking up speed (both literally and figuratively lol)

Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 PM

No, he stated he bought 96-00 parts, which don't technically exist. Yes, the parts can fit onto a 96-00 with the correct supplementing parts from the same generation.

Kenny, I believe he is referring to the new headlights/grill etc which he posted about a few pages ago, which to me look like 96-98.

Joe, here is a 96-98:

Here is a 99-00:

Differences between 96-98 and 99-00 - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

1996-1998 / 1999-2000 Civic Body Differences and Front and Rear Conversion - Honda-Tech

Quick Reply: **1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**