HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

**1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

Update: I ordered some coilover springs, new struts and shocks, and a new oem hood.

Links:
Struts and Shocks

Coilover Springs
Hood

I also might be getting a brand new Greddy Evo2 Full Catback Exhaust System for $200 from a friend. Once I get my taxes back I'm also going to buy a carbon fiber JDM air intake

Old 02-23-2011, 12:39 PM

Hate to say it, but a $200 suspension set-up isn't going to last too long. What is the spring rate of those springs and coilover sleeves? There should be some sort of specifications on the struts and springs to tell us a little more about them.

There was no one in your area on craigslist that had an OEM hood for cheap? Did you try looking at certifit.com? ~$140 seems pretty expensive for an aftermarket OEM style hood.

Also, there is nothing JDM about the carbon fiber intake. Yes, it looks nice and all of that, but that doesn't make it JDM. JDM refers to something that came on a Civic (for this example) exclusively in Japan. Same with EDM (European Domestic Market). IMO, I would not waste the money on a CF intake, unless you want the look.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Good to see the project moving along. Like the carpet.

Old 02-24-2011, 12:49 PM
HCF Member

This is the intake that I am getting. But for now Im getting a Del Sol intake for cheap.

I couldn't find a hood in good condition around me so I just used ebay. As for the springs. I don't know about the spring rate but the person helping me has had those same springs for all of his cars, he's only bought one set. And has had them for about 3 years. So thats why I got em, because I know how they ride because I've driven his car with them on before and they actually ride comfortably.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
HCF Member

GReddy Evo2 ftw, that's what I have. An eBay coilovers are trash, I know a few people have had them, some by choice, some not, and all were bouncy as fawk!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

well if these are that bad, ill just sell them to some other kid and say they are really good. and brand new, but im pretty confident that they will be fine

Edit: These are just the springs so the shocks and struts are what effects the ride quality, is it not?

Old 02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Joe_Nash
well if these are that bad, ill just sell them to some other kid and say they are really good. and brand new, but im pretty confident that they will be fine

Edit: These are just the springs so the shocks and struts are what effects the ride quality, is it not?
no no no NO. do NOT go thinking that the shocks are the only thing that effect ride quality. cheap springs WILL give you what you pay for. They're probably going to ride like ****. One should never cheap out on suspension. you still rocking the SOHC? I dont get why you would get a 200 dollar suspension thats going to suck *****, but then turn around and drop another 200 on an intake that MIGHT get you one more horsepower over an ebay one that would have only cost 50 bucks...

not bashing man, just questioning your thought process about your... buying technique.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Yea I understand, but thats why I'm on here. so hey if the springs ride bad then ill take them off. no biggie. Save up some money and buy some better springs. And im not so sure about the intake. I just got one off of a del sol for cheap so gonna put that on there soon

Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 AM
HCF Member

hahah, at least your project is moving!! mine has been a complete standstill due to the terrible weather we've been having. we get a foot of snow every other week!

keep it up man, building is half the fun... driving the build is the other half

Old 02-28-2011, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Got the Lotek Shocks and Struts today, just waiting for the Coilover springs to put it all in.

Quick Reply: **1998 Honda Civic LX Sedan Build**