Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

overheating problem =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Default overheating problem =(

my 92 hatch is overheating on me,i checkd the oil but didnt see any milky oil, i dont see where its leaking from, though my turbo leaks a little oil, but im lost i changed the thermostat and i got bleed the system to get out any air pockets and im still overheating. and im lost any help would be great thanks guys. p.s its a 1.5l 16v sohc

Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: overheating problem =(

u should check ur spark plugs for internal leakeage

Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM

Does the fan turn on when the car reaches 195*?

If it's an aftermarket fan, which way is it blowing? When it turns on it should be blowing air into the engine bay.

What kind of tuning do you have on the car?

How bad is it overheating, when, where?

Simple problems could be that you're fan's not turning on because the switch or the fan itself is shot, you may have blown the headgasket, or last but not least cracked a sleeve.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:33 PM
HCF Member

what kind of kit is it??

Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 AM

ORIGINAL: SovXietday

Does the fan turn on when the car reaches 195*?

If it's an aftermarket fan, which way is it blowing? When it turns on it should be blowing air into the engine bay.

What kind of tuning do you have on the car?

the fan turns on fine, its on alot actually,the fan is stock. tuning there is nothing but a turbo setup off a 2nd gen eclipse( mani,turbo,downpipe) with a greedy charge pipe kit and no name intercooler, and a aftermarket fuel pressure regulater. as for rail, injectors chip,etc.etc. there is nothing done to it. wich is not a good thing. i heard you can use the dsm 450cc injectors but i dont kno what years do get them from, im gonna use the search button. and when it comes to the tunning im lost on what to get for it.

p.s. i have to put coolant in it alot but i dont see it leaking anywhere? thanks guys

How bad is it overheating, when, where?

Simple problems could be that you're fan's not turning on because the switch or the fan itself is shot, you may have blown the headgasket, or last but not least cracked a sleeve.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ic892003

what kind of kit is it??
its a 2nd gen eclipse turbo, mani, downpipe. i think the turbo is a th075, i kno its a 075 something. it has a greedy charge pipe kit, no name intercooler, and a hks ssqv.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:07 AM

When the car heats up does the lower rad hose get hot to the touch? If it doesn't, change your thermostat.

Otherwise you probably either cracked a sleeve or blew a headgasket because you have no engine management.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:48 AM

When the car heats up does the lower rad hose get hot to the touch? If it doesn't, change your thermostat.

Otherwise you probably either cracked a sleeve or blew a headgasket because you have no engine management.
yeah when i touch it its HOT HOT HOT,lol, i changed the thermostat already, i have to put coolant in like every 2 days. its going somewhere but cant find where. its not mixing with the oil. i kno i got to get some kind of engine managment, probly even a new motor...

Old 08-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Time to take the head off...

Oil in the coolant means that you've blown the headgasket, but no oil in the coolant doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't either.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Time to take the head off...

Oil in the coolant means that you've blown the headgasket, but no oil in the coolant doesn't necessarily mean that you haven't either.
ok so i went down to my car i found that my turbo is coolant cool'd. i kno i leak oil from it im wondering if i leak coolant also from it so i tight'nd the clamps on the lines and hopefully that fixes my problem. sent you a pm.

Quick Reply: overheating problem =(