Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

just need some info

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Default just need some info

alright wells heres the deal. im more of a show guy than go but my brother has a 05 mustang and is looking for a cold air intake. now all the intakes we have found say they are cold air but the price range is rediculous. what the difference or how do u tell the difference from a regualar aftermarket intake to cold air and what would be the best route to go? he ended up buying one but after he drove his car like 2 miles the check engine light came, i guess with the newer cars you have to go to someone with a computer diagnosis and redo the computer system so it nows whats on there. so he took it off cuz 1 he is pissed it only came with a heat shroud and filter, and no tubing or anything (he spent like 220 bucks on it) and 2 he said he couldnt notice anything different since he put it on, actually he said it acted differently, in a bad way. so if anyone could please help us out, it would be greatly appreciated. and yes it took alot to post this cuz now i feel like a retard for not knowing something this basic. but i guess i got to learn it somehow.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Default RE: just need some info

Normally whenever you add a mod you should reset the ECU, easiest way to do it is pull the fuse. It is possible that he bought a ram air intake, which are meant to be used with a certain type of hood.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:58 PM
Default RE: just need some info

he brought it back up to the dealership that he bought it at and they said they couldnt do anything for him. there not dicks, they just didnt have what he needed. it was weird too, i helped him put his intake in and i thought it was dumb because they got the thing shooting to the left side fender, very little air to the intake, didnt like how they set that up but hey im a painter not a machanic