Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Biggest Z6 Build ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Default RE: Biggest Z6 Build ever

Well like i said i have alot of these parts already installed. Basically only thing let is pistons, rods, and boring, well and turbo. Right now the motor is NA and it dyno'd at 142 to the ground. Which the compressions has been raised with the pistons it has in it now. I went the NA route and not im going FI. The budget i am on is a fulltime college student working in a pharmacy. Thats my budget. So its not huge. Right now i am trying to figure out whats going on with my motor. I either have a cracked head or blow head gasket. Today after examining some things checking fluids and what not i found oil in the radiator. Not a good sign. But i am actually thinking it is a blow gasket due to the fact the compression checks out good and its a head that has only been on about a month. I had it ported and rebuilt about a month ago and it was good then. So lets cross our fingers so the D build can go on.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

142 fwhp? Nice. I know you said that you have some of these things done already, but which ones? You mind giving a mod list? I am going N/A with my next build.

Old 11-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Mods list is as follows the way i sit right now.
D16Z6 Block
P & P head
3 angle valve job
OBX Stage 1 CAM
Skunk 2 66mm TB
Skunk 2 Intake Mani
ARP h-Beam rods
Venom 270cc Injectors
CP Forged Pistons 11:1
ARP head Studs
High Flow Cat
MSD Blaster
MSD 6A Ingnition
Ground out Kit
Voltage Stabilizer
Tanabe Super Medallion Exhaust
Uberdata
ACT stage 1 clutch
ACT Prolite Flywheel 7.5 lb

Really i have just about everything on the car now except bored, turbo pistons, turbo cam, and turbo. NA is fun with the D but its so hard to get torque out of the D. I'm putting out a measely 114 to the wheels on torque it just sucks. I love the D and have had alot of fun with it. The i have H22A with 33k on it that could be easily put in but why be like everyone and get swap happy. Anybody can bolt a motor up but it takes blood,sweat and maybe even tears and a hole in the wallet to build a D.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:15 AM
HCF Member

shoot, 142 and 114 to the wheels isnt bad at all. thats better than a b16a. you dont hang with 'Ludes with that? how modded are they? that should be a mid-low 14 second setup you have there.

and dont bore over any more than .40, or boost more than about 7psi. the rod ratios on that motor will kill you, and a sleeve job would be a great idea if you can afford it. then you could bore way more than .40. a 1.8l sohc turbo at 10-12 psi? sounds like those preludes would be eating crow.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:54 AM

The best run ive ever had is 14.62 @ 84. It hangs with them now. Thats not the issue. BTW the ludes are pretty heavily modded as well. I hang with them but i just get tired of the civic jokes. They do if all fun and games but the time has come that they earn a little respect. I gotta tear the head of this thing this weekend and change the head gasket. Gotta wait about a month or so for my new pistons. I already have the turbo now. With my new setup i want to be deep 13's hopefully high 12's on single slam power. The fastest lude in our club is running mid 12's so i've got a ways to go to get him but thats initially my goal. So are you saying dont bore it .40 w/o sleeving. I was gonna bored it .40 and got about 10-12 psi. or should i go .20 @ 10-12. or Should i go .40 8psi. I really am on a budget considering i have to keep saving for my new paint job as well. I'm bout to sink 5k in paint and body. I was very disgurntled this year at Nopi with a non finished car and next year that can't be the case. Keep the suggestions coming guys.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:13 PM

Like sacs said, you need to seriously consider sleeving for a moderately boosted D, expecially if you're planning to bore it. The bore-stroke ratio of D-series engines generates more lateral pressure on the cylinder walls then a B series. Adding in too much boost pressure will only increase this, and cause pretty severe wearing on the cylinder walls, which almost inevitably leads to nice big holes. Also, if you're boring it, the amount of lateral motion is going to increase significantly, meaning even more pressure on the extra thin walls.

Old 11-13-2005, 10:20 PM

Well guys just wanted to update this thread. The build is final. I ended up sleeving it and boring .40. Got the motor back together on friday. Some may say this next statement is stupid but hell were all men and why build it if you aint gonna run it. I went straight to the track with it. After tuning on the dyno for 3 damn hours. Anticipation was such a bitch though i dynoed my car before i went down the road with it. Anyways at 11 psi it through down some very impressive numbers on the dyno i will try to get a dyno sheet up. I was making 142 NA. With turbo and new pistons and a few extras I made 232 fwhp 182 tq. Was very impressed with these numbers but still not enough for me. Anyways track times were absoultley amazing. Best run all night on 15 inch spoon rims with drag radials at 11psi was 12.92 at 117mph. Just wanted to update everyone and say it is possible to get d's in the 12's. My new project is going to be either the H22A or b16a2 in a 95 civic ex. Turbo'd of course. I want to make it in the 12's with this new setup the build is on. If anyone ever needs any help with there D motors let me know because i sure could use all the help i can get on the B build. Thanks guys.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:15 AM

wow those are sweeeeeet numbers man !

Old 11-16-2005, 08:23 PM

sexy....sounds like your friends are kind of [>:][&:][8D]

Old 11-16-2005, 08:47 PM

must b nice... i dream about things like this every night.

Quick Reply: Biggest Z6 Build ever