EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

Civic HX to B16 B18 or H22a?? Suggestions Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:13 PM
Default Civic HX to B16 B18 or H22a?? Suggestions Please!

I went today and talk to the guy who i am buying the civic from. And I asked more questions this time, because I forgot to ask some last time. He informed me that it was an HX model with the 1.6 L SOHC (115HP) . I was a little umm "upset" if you will because I thought it was an Si. Yes i know this is my fault. So I blue booked it now, its its worth about $7,000. So my questions are....

1.) Can I switch the SOCH to DOCH and if you can would it be any good to do that?

2.) If I did a motor swap, what motors could fit in it?

Or what might you suggest to get more power out of the SOCH?

Please put in your inputs because I dont want to get this car and be SOL if you will. Thanks you guys and respond thuroughly. Thanks again!!!

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:23 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: 2000 civic HX NOT SI (please respond)

Ok, I guess I missed the beginning of the story, but . . . HX is the economy motor, if you want performance get rid of it. Any b-series (DOHC) motor from the same era will fit in there, whether it's from an Si or an Integra. Not a problem.

But for $7000? That thing must be in IMMACULATE condition. If you're just going to dump the motor anyway, don't spend that much money on it.

Old 06-07-2006 | 08:38 PM

I really do think its in good-excellent shape. I just want to have more power than that lil economy motor puts to the wheels. 115 Hp isnt that much. @ all. The car does have a full custom exhaust and cold air intake.
I think it is worth $7000 because:

Brand new skinny tires (Dunno brand)
Brand new Enkei rims
Cold air intake
Full custom exhaust
Full body kit (not overdone)
Small wing (not overdone)
Carbon Fiber hood
79k miles
Fully synthetic oil changes since day 1
Lowered suspension
1000 Watt Sony X plod Amplifier
CD player
Momo Steering wheel amd shift ****
Comes with Aftermarket & Regular driver and front passenger seats

I think the car is great, but I dont think I will be satisfied with the SOCH motor =(. It is booked on kbb @ $7,325. Without all that stuff on it... He wants $8,500 what should I offer? I dont want to pay too much then "dump the SOCH"

Will a H22a Accord motor fit? I know a B16 or B18 will? Do you think I could sell the SOCH motor? Ty for you post And please others dont be shy to post what you think !!!

Old 06-08-2006 | 12:03 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Dude, you have WAY too many threads going on about the same topic. But anyway. Do you really want to pay for used mods that someone else picked out? Maybe you do, I dunno. Keep in mind that if you do swap the motor, this won't matter at all:
Cold air intake
Full custom exhaust
79k miles
Fully synthetic oil changes since day 1
Not to mention the fact that half this stuff might be no-name; when he said "lowered suspension," is that a quality full coilover kit, or did he just cut the springs? Maybe it's fine but I'm skeptical. With the asking price it sounds like he's trying to make all his money back on every part he bought.

Old 06-09-2006 | 12:59 AM

Hey sorry for the posts sounding the same, but I will ask him more questions. I will be sure to ask him about the lowering, and the exhaust, I will also take a look @ the cold air intake to get what brand it is. I honestly do not believe that the car is a POS. It has been taken care of, but I am going to do my research more thoroughly before I pay cash for it. I think Im just going ot offer him book value for it. But yea.