EG Swaps 1992-1995 Civics

B18C5 Type-R in a 92-95!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Default B18C5 Type-R in a 92-95!!

Hello y'all... I'd like to start off by saying I am an absolute prelude fanatic but I have an appreciation for all honda's. So don't flame me for being a newbie, I'm really not. I just never really got into civics that much.

Okay, life has taken a little turn for me. Yesterday morning my brother wrecked his 2000 Acura Integra Type R (NOT a GSR, only 500 made) and he is giving the car to me. I've decided I want to make a sick little hatchback.

From what I know I will need a OBD1-OBD2 harness. But here is my question. Motor mounts... will they line up or do I need some 98-00 Civic Si mounts? Will the exhaust line up? Do I need some funky axles? Shifter, I assume I'll need that from the teggy, right? A/C compressor bracket, maybe one from a Del Sol?

I've got too much contradictory information all over the place and I'd really appreciate it if somebody could clarify. I'll be doing all the work myself like I do with all my cars, and funky engine swaps are no new cocept to me (I've got an H22A in my '90 lude). Thanks.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Default RE: B18C5 Type-R in a 92-95!!

Simple answers fast.. seeing how no you has them.. they are respond to the wing will make you faster questions sooner...
No motor mount will fine fine..
Also.. what model civic.. either a si or vx then use the same wiring from your old enigne to the type r.. you will just have to switch out the injectors, distributor, alt. to obd1.. of you have a DX or CX do the same as the first one, but you wil have to manualy wire in the vtec
Exhaust will not line up.. you can cut it and line it up then reweld it to work
Axles you will use the ones out of the type r
****fer from the teggy yes
A/c compressor.. from a 97/96 delsol or and 99 civic si
And there you go.. simple

Old 08-08-2006, 10:38 AM

Now I've got contradicting information.

One "expert" on another civic site says that all I'll need to do is swap it, change the AC bracket, and run VTEC wiring. Motor mounts no problem, axles no problem, exhaust no problem, hydraulic clutch no problem...

Now you're saying that I'll need to change out distributor, injectors, alternator? No reason to be rude, but why? I'll be swapping the ECU so it'll be the B18C5 ECU, I'm using the type r's axles, engine, and all the motor mounts line right up, right? This type R has about 14,000 miles on it and I don't want to have to go and buy new accessories, I'd rather just use the ones that are on there. Running the VTEC wiring is no hassle for me... I just don't want to fork out all this money for what should be a free swap to me.

Can somebody PLEASE confirm whether or not the Type R's dizzy, alternator, and injectors need to be swapped if I'm putting it into a 92-95 civic?

Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

itll be fine, youll use just about all of the parts from the type r and it will work fine, but just get a wire harness to plug in the obd2 ecu to your obd1 car.